University of South Carolina-Columbia Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

james

Most people assume that since it is the University of SOUTH Carolina that it is full of red necks. Thankfully, that is not true. Unfortunately their are other stereotypes about USC. There is the Jock, sorority girl, frat guy, the fat drunk guy, and the annoying roomate. And again thankfully this is for the most part not true and those that are like those stereotypes are few and far between.

Aubrie

There really aren't sterotypes because the school is so big!

people i meet in state dont have any special impression, maybe rich kids just because its a nice school. out of staters think we're hillbillies, meatheads, and the women are "southern belles"

Tasha

Super southern, conservative, Bible-belt of the South. the students are sweet tea drinking, fried chicken eating, sperry wearing, Vera Bradely toting football loving students

That it's still obsessed with the confederacy and that the only out of state students are the ones who didn't get in anywhere else. Someone actually once said about some research done here "if there was really something that cool to find, it wouldn't have been found at south carolina"