University of South Florida-Main Campus Top Questions

How often should I phone home? Is once a day too much?

Heather

To be frank with you, that is your call and one that you shouldn't feel the need to ask or look for an answer to. If you feel that you are needing support from your family, then it is the right time to call. If you feel that you have something important to share, it is the right time to call. If you feel you are needing a better understanding of a college experience, then it is the right time to call. Each of these questions could be a separate call and they could all be on the same day. If you are new to college life, then this may lessen over time as you become more comfortable with your surroundings and adapt to this new era in your life. However, you may still adapt and find that you enjoy your daily calls home and want to continue this tradition. In that case, I encourage you to continue to garner that relationship but remember to expand your horizon to include your new and extended family; your dorm-mates, class-mates, faculty members, campus-mates, etc, as well. Enjoy your time!!!