University of Southern California Top Questions

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Students living in university-owned housing are required to have a meal plan. We use our student IDs to swipe in. There are independent cafes around campus and the Tutor Campus Center (gathering of restaurants and cafes). The food is good, but just expensive.

Students living in university-owned housing are required to have a meal plan. We use our student IDs to swipe in. There are independent cafes around campus and the Tutor Campus Center (gathering of restaurants and cafes).

Dining halls are typically filled with only freshmen and RA's. On campus dining has gotten a lot better. Seeds, Lemonade, Panda Express, CPK, Wahoo's, to name a few. It can get pricey to eat on campus every day, but luckily there are lots of other restaurants around campus that have opened up recently. Some choices include: chick-fila, Chipotle, Quizno's, Subway, Soy, Freeb!rds. Lots of 24-hour drive thrus too if you're hungry at night and don't want to resort to TroGro.

Marvin

Food and dining options around campus continually get better. With the opening of new multipurpose apartment complexes within a mile of the campus, our dining options not only on campus, but off include: Chic-Fil-A, Chipotle, Freebirds, McDonald's, Burger King, Subway(3 locations), Lemonade, Carl's Jr., Wahoos, Baja Fresh, Coffee Bean, Five Guys, and much more. Student dining facilities on campus have more than met my expectations including Tuesday Night Chicken Nugget dinners every week at EVK, the main dining facility on campus.

Bernadette

Take a look around USC's newest hanging & temporary dining hall, The Lot.

Tate

Ground Zero Coffee House offers a grungy yet “chill” ambience where Freshman enjoy coffee or incredible milk shakes.

Tate

One of USC's best-kept secrets

Tate

The inside of the 2-9 Cafe, where many SC students hang out.

Tate

The 2-9 cafe and bar is a small house which is a popular hangout for USC students.

Tate

This little drive-thru Mexican food stop is notorious for being the most visited late-night eatery at SC.