University of Southern Mississippi

« See more reviews of University of Southern Mississippi

As with any other college, those who believe their workload/responsibilities will be similar to that of their high school career will have problems. Though USM isn't the most vigorous of academic environments, it isn't a walk in the park either, and in order to do well, you have to stay on top of your studying and have good time management skills. Also, people who are looking for a really diverse, yet unified student body may be a little taken aback if they come to Southern Miss because there isn't a lot of interracial interaction between students.

The type of person that shouldn't attend this school would be unambitious, lazy and closed minded. Most of the students here have big goals, big dreams, and plans for their future which is why they are attending a 4-year University. Being unambitious would deffinitely make you different than the normal crowd. Laziness won't help you at all here since what we are in college to do is to learn, you should like what you are learning and appreciate it. Lastly, a close minded person should not come here because most of our students are very open minded.

The University of Southern Mississippi holds students from all over the world. The only person who should not attend this university is one who is unwilling to learn about himself or herself or one who is close-minded. If this person remains close-minded then he or she will miss out on the great instructors, students, and atmosphere this University has to offer and will be unable to produce the changes necessary to our society.

Everyone pursuing their careers through education should have the opportunity to attend USM. However, a person pursuing in finance careers should probably consider nother college because USM is a certified science based college which means that a person would be more sucessful pursuing a science career in health rather than a career in accounting.

A person not interested in the curriculum here should not attend this school, however, the school offers so many undergraduate programs, it would be very hard not to find your particular interest(s) here. Possibly a student who is planning to attend a major based college like MIT would not be interested in this college.

I believe anyone could/should attend this school . The University of Southern Miss specializes in many majors, and it is a wonderful college with broad studies. The only area I know they do not cover is Engineering. However, everyone should go to college so I would not discourage any type of person from going to USM.

The person who shouldn't attend this school possesses a lack of work ethic. USM is a fun, yet highly competitive campus. I was a music performance major and had to continually struggle to stay with the top group of students in my department. However, I was a much better musician with awesome skills when I finished.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is if they are not willing to work hard to achieve their goals. Every thing does not come easy at southern miss or for any school at that you just have to work hard to achieve what you want in life period.

Someone who is not willing to try to obtain a degree. Determination and motivation are important! When it all boils down, academics are supposed to be one's first priority and education is the whole reason for the university to exist at all.

A close-minded person should not attend this school. The person should be open to everything , everyone is not a certain standard way. Every person on this campus is unique in his or her own way.