University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

« See more reviews of University of St Thomas-Saint Paul

They have one of the best business schools in the state, and will be ranked nationally pending their accreditation. Classroom settings are ideal for students who desire individual attention. The school does a fine job of reaching out to students to participate in activities outside the classroom. This could be related to an individual's major, with a vast majority of clubs that enhance the learning experience, or totally unrelated,and great opportunities to network or have fun. Consider private colleges when you look into further education, they really are prestigious, and provide an ample setting for your college experience.

Not only is St. Thomas concerned about the academic success of its students, but also providing activities outside of the classroom. I love all of the extra ciricular activities that St. Thomas offers; there is a club for about anything you could think of and very successful varsity sports teams as well. There also many student leadership and employment opportunities that are offered right on campus. There are a variety of included student services available such as Academic Counceling, Career Development Center, tutoring services, etc. as well. This year St. Thomas is also opening its new student center.

Are athletic teams are really good: volleyball, basketball, football, baseball, etc. Also, the sense of community is really good, especially on South Campus, you feel very interconnected. School spirit is also very strong here, homecoming games are so much fun for this reason. Most professors are more than willing to put in extra time to help you succeed in their class. There are so many resources available to people that it is extremely helpful and makes transitioning to college a lot easier. St. Thomas is known to be a good school, and I can take pride in that.

With fewer than 10,000 Undergraduate students, Saint Thomas is less daunting of a step into the real world, and more of an opportunity to make lifelong friendships and form a support system. I often brag about St. Thomas’ ability to take a frightening new environment and make it feel like home. You get to know your fellow classmates, a task that is hard to achieve at a large school. The close bonds formed at Saint Thomas continue as you move into the workforce, and eventually provide hundreds of connections others don’t have the opportunity to obtain in college.

St. Thomas has so much to offer that it is hard to brag about just one aspect of the school. Mostly, I brag about the community; St. Thomas is located in a beautiful area and is architecturally pleasing as well. The faculty truly cares about the students and seems to be most willing to help students achieve their future goals. The professors believe in each individual student’s success in a supportive and welcoming manner. Also, the students themselves seem to genuinely care for one another. The community here is none like any of another college or university.

St. Thomas has small class sizes, and professors that are open to help any student. The classes may be challenging and push students farther than highschool once did, but this then leaves the student with an appreciation for education and the learning process. Then in return provides the student with confidence and self appreciation. Beyond classes it is nice that laundry is included in tuition and the food that is served is better than other univerisities in the area. The living areas and dorm buildings also provide adaquate space for the residences.

The facilities at St. Thomas are amazing. The student center is the heart of campus life; because there's always something going on. With the bowling alley, the space with Wii consoles, air hockey, foosball, spa, cafeteria and other places to eat, the student center is the most desirable facility on campus. There's space to study, eat, relax and have fun. Everyone can find something to do there. Whenever my friends come to UST, they're astonished because their college campuses aren't as fancy-looking as St. Thomas facilities. They're definitely jealous.

I brag about the extensive academic history, the highly accredited professors, and the vast opportunities for off-campus involvement. I stress the commitment the university has towards service and the student experience within a global setting. The university has personally taught me the importance of public service, and promoting the general welfare of my fellow human beings. Through their academic and extra cirricular activities, Saint Thomas enforces this mission, and creates morally responsible, and highly effective leaders.

Besides the reasons I explained above there are a few other aspects to St. Thomas I brag about on the regular. One bragging right is the location to the cities, other college campus's, and my own home if necessary. I brag about my large dorm room with a bathroom at my own dispiosal. I also tend to brag alot about the abundance of clubs our University offers, such as boxing, salsa, debate, spanish, dentistry, accouting etc. Last but not least our new Campus student center and Anderson complex, plus our wonderful Football team!

St. Thomas has many reputations, but what I most love is the great sense of community. Coming from a very small high school, I was relieved to not just be a number in my college classes. My professors go out of their way to memorize everyone's face to their name and will usually give out their home phone numbers. The classes usually consist of about 20 students and are never taught by a teacher's assistant. On campus, you are certain to see a familiar face to wave hello to. We are a small community in a big city.