University of Tulsa

« See more reviews of University of Tulsa

The University of Tulsa is best known for its outstanding engineering programs, mainly being their petroleum engineering program. Each of the engineering programs is outstanding but the universities petroleum engineering program is ranked in the top five in the nation. After the engineering programs, the university is best known for its football team, which has been ranked in the top 25 multiple times in recent years. Following the football team the university is then best known for its law and business schools. These schools are ranked and excellent places to receive a business or law degree.

This university is best known for its wide range of major/minor opportunities, organizations, and extra-curricular activities relative to its small size. The faculty and staff are friendly and helpful, most are published and have doctorates. While all of the colleges here are esteemed, business and science/engineering seem to be the largest and most developed. There is much school spirit, especially when it comes to the football team, which has nothing but exciting winning seasons. The numerous campus apartment complexes are very nice as well. Plus, the city atmosphere is fun to explore.

My school is best known for its Engineering program. It offers mechanical, chemical, and electrical engineering. It is known around the country as one of the best engineering schools in America with many different programs that allow the students to be immersed into society and actually make a difference. There is the Make A Difference Engineering (MADE at TU) initiative that has several research projects in the works that provides service both to the community and science world alike,

Being located in Oklahoma, the petroleum engineering program is very important. I'd say that the largest concentration of foreign students is in the Petroleum Engineering program. That seems to mean, to me at least, that our PE program has a fair amount of renown world wide. Second to that, I'd say the other engineering schools, and then Computer Science, which is home to the very well known Cybercorp program.

The University of Tulsa is an engineering school if nothing else. A good large number of people who attend school here have traveled from all over the world to learn about petroleum engineering and a large number of other students are other varieties upon an engineering theme. A good large portion of the funding on campus is currently going to expanding the engineering buildings and facilities.

The Univeristy of Tulsa is well known for being a great Petroleum Engineering (PE) school, and the only one in Oklahoma. The professors and faculty in the the PE department are great and very helpful to students wanting to pursue that degree. The school also has a working full size oil rig which allows the PE students to have hands on training, like most engineering courses at the school.

The Nursing and Engineering programs at Tulsa are Excellent with many opportunities for internships and job placement following graduation. The theatre program is also increasing in its popularity as well as size. But what Tulsa is most known for is the strong focus on academics and life skills, to allow graduates to become contributing members of society from the moment they graduate.

Tulsa University is best known for its overall academic excellence. TU is one of the most premier research institutions in the country, and is highly sought out for the petroleum engineering program. It's also well-known because it is a private school that is located in what used to be the oil capital of the world, which a good portion of TUs majors fall in line with that career field.

Probably for the high quality of instruction, given the small size of our school. TU offers a private education, so it's quite expensive, but it still offers the most "bang for your buck." TU is in the top 50 business schools, has an exceptional engineering program, and is noted for its success in the athletic world. It's a small school, but a great one.

The University of Tulsa is notorious for producing very successful and intelligent graduates. Every degree program the school has is prestigious and is selective. Tulsa provides a well rounded, liberal arts education with an engaging learning environment. The institution also has many research programs that provide students with hands on experience.