University of Tulsa

« See more reviews of University of Tulsa

Someone should not come to TU if they are looking for a name brand school with no spirit and emphasis on collaboration. Many ivy league schools offer the same education you recieve at TU, but at the expense of your free time and often your spirit. Students at TU are involved in several campus organizations and actively pursue community service opportunities in addition to seeking an academically challenged environment. If a student is not looking for a school that nourishes the body, mind, and soul, they should not attend the University of Tulsa.

Nobody should be discouraged from attending this wonderful university, but lazy, unmotivated individuals would probably find themselves struggling. The University of Tulsa has a very rigorous and challenging curriculum that requires a large amount of dedication to studying and prioritizing to make sure enough focus is put on work. Because the workload can often be heavy and difficult, a lot of attention and time is needed to succeed and master the material. People who lack this discipline would need to reconsider this option.

If one wants to attend TU, they must be prepared to work hard! TU is pretty selective, and teachers are expecting students with a strong work ethic and dedication. One attending TU should also be ready to get involved and be social. Because courses are so rigorous, it helps to have some friends in class as well as some friends to relax with when finals are over! One also shouldn't attend TU if they're not open-minded to diversity. Nearly a third of the student population consists of international students.

The University of Tulsa is a nearly ideal school for almost any kind of person; however, those who are interested in attending a very large university, those who are interested in a liberal arts degree, and those who aren't motivated to work hard for their degree should probably look elsewhere for undergraduate studies. Also, the campus is very flat--if a hilly, mountainous terrain is what you crave, you might consider looking for education in another state!

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is one who isn't ready to jump into college life with both feet. The way to get the most out of this school is to totally immerse yourself in what is going on around by joining clubs and organizations and going the extra mile in your studies by doing research and other activities. With something for everyone and teachers and facutly ready to help, there really is no reason to be a recluse on this campus.

I believe students that are seeking diversity shouldn't come to TU since there isn't much diversity. Also people that are very shy shouldn't come ti TU because it is really hard to make friends unless you are willing to join greek life or you are coming in with friends. Although the TU students are very accepting, they will not create a friendship with you unless you walk up to them. You have to be willing to get really involved in school to make friends.

One should not attend the University of Tulsa if they do not have an extremely high work ethic. The university consists of experienced professors that require a lot of committment and effort in every class. That being said, there are no "blow off" classes. Other than that, most dedicated students can find their place at the University of Tulsa. The school has a very diverse student body and holds many events for people to find those similar to themselves.

People who aren't self-motivated or interested in a competitive environment. This school has high standards and expects a high level of competancy from their students. If you don't like the greek system or student athletes this probably isn't the University for you, however, if you like campus community, a lot of intermural sports, small classes and hardwork, you are in luck!

I feel that at The University of Tulsa, anyone can find their place whether they are more used to city life or laid back country living, whether they like large or small classroom settings, and no matter how they learn, because Tulsa and the university campus offers a variety of a little bit of everything plus classes that are not too big or too small.

Students who attend the University of Tulsa are committed to their education. They strive toward excellence in academics, as well as extracurricular acitivites. Any prospective student to the University of Tulsa should understand that the students who attend our university should be willing to give their all in order to accomplish their goals.