University of Virginia-Main Campus Top Questions

Describe a typical weekend.

Trisha

My typical weekend is at most 1 night of going out to a party. If I don't go to a party, I'll probably allocate that one night to an a cappella group concert, a play, or whatever event a CIO (Contracted Independent Organization aka club) is putting on. There's always something going on every weekend. But during the day is homework time. Spring gets really busy since the weather warms up. Better weather=more going out, more social events, 5Ks, etc.

Nikita

My typical weekend is different from the rest of the students' weekend. As a first year student, assign either Friday or Saturday as work days. The other day is then spent waking up late, eating out, going to a friend's place or just sitting in my room watching tv. Other students usually go out both Friday and Saturday nights and only keep Sunday as their homework day. Going out includes attending parties, going off grounds such as to another friend's apartment, to the movies or even shopping. Each student is able to plan out and decide what they want their typical weekend to look like while balancing their academic life.

Hannah

I have a group of friends, four girls (including myself) and three guys, that I hang out with just about every weekend. Sometimes we will go over to two of the guys' dorm (they are roommates) and hang out because they are the only one of our group of friends that has a tv. Our group of girls will sometimes get dressed up and head down Rugby Road to one of the numerous frat parties that will be hosted on any given Saturday night. On some weekends, my best friend and I will take road trips to go shopping or visit friends at other universities. There is always something to do. UVa is one place that you will never get bored.

Nikita

My typical weekend is different from the rest of the students' weekend. As a first year student, assign either Friday or Saturday as work days. The other day is then spent waking up late, eating out, going to a friend's place or just sitting in my room watching tv. Other students usually go out both Friday and Saturday nights and only keep Sunday as their homework day. Going out includes attending parties, going off grounds such as to another friend's apartment, to the movies or even shopping. Each student is able to plan out and decide what they what their typical weekend to look like while balancing their academic life.