University of Virginia-Main Campus Top Questions

When you step off campus what do you see?

Trisha

We have the Corner on University Avenue which is home to about 30 restaurants. There are also the fraternities, apartments where upperclassmen live, and oh yeah, the town of Charlottesville. It's a quaint town with great food, a lively music scene, and awesome hiking spots.

Nathan

Depending on where you step of grounds you can see a lot of things. If one gets off grounds right by the rotunda then they will be next to a student hot spot referred to as "the corner." At "the corner" there are local convenient stores, delicious restaurants, and popular bars that the students all go to. It is the big bar spot for students going out at night. A little ways past the corner begins Rugby Road where many of the UVa fraternitites and sororities are located. During the weekend, one can usually walk down Rugby road and find some fraternity party somewhere. There are also a lot of off grounds apartments and other types of housing located up in this area. To the south side of grounds one can find the UVa medical center and hospital along with more off grounds housing. Up along the north end of grounds one can find John Paul Jones arena, where the basketball teams play, and beyond that are the student recreation fields, which are turf.

Nikita

When I step off grounds I see the corner which is the lively area to be on weekends. Here, there are restaurants that you can enjoy eating at rather than going to the dining halls. Also, Barracks road is popular where there are clothing shops, and other eating places. The downtown mall is popular where you can spend your weekends. The local people are very friendly and students can easily go to the downtown mall using the free trolley.