University of Washington-Seattle Campus

« See more reviews of University of Washington-Seattle Campus

everyone DOES wear north face (it's cold and rainy, what can you expect?) but lots of people use umbrellas (I'm sorry, but I hate those people who say "true Seattleites never use umbrellas" are just totally wrong. I grew up here and I definitely use umbrellas sometimes. just not as often as tourists, I guess, haha). also, I have a tonnn of friends who are from out of state. One from South Carolina, two from Tennessee, one from Colorado, countless from California...you get the picture. Also, the dorms are really not that bad!!! My best friend lives in the dorm that is commonly believed to be the "worst," but she LOVES it! it has a great view of the water, and all of the people who live on her floor are really cool. All of the dorms are located in great areas, either super close to classes or close to the great shopping and restaurants on the Ave!

Not at all. I am a minority, community college transfer student; also, I'm 24. I am competitive at this school; I've made the Dean's List ever quarter I've been enrolled at the UW thus far. There are many white, affluent 18-22 year olds, but there is some variety in the school's demographic, if you look hard enough.

I would say that the stereotypes are somewhat true. I wouldn't necessarily say that we're all hippies but we definitely do like to study hard as well as listen to music. You will usually see people with their ipods walking down the street. We are a very open group of people and I love living here.

No. Although, right now, we're very "green" and eco-friendly and there are so many trends toward being earth-friendly in Seattle. It feels like a fad. Whether it is or not, time will tell.

Pretty much. Except I don't really think that there are too many protests against things these days. But there are a lot of demonstrations in the quad or on the HUB lawn all year long.

It really doesn't rain THAT much here. Coming from Los Angeles, I was told horror stories about the weather, but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be.

No, not on the whole. Most of the people I know are down-to-earth, and really smart but you wouldn't guess it in just passing them on the street.

The stereotypes fit some groups and some people, but the UW is such a diverse school that the stereotypes can't apply to everyone.

yes, they're pretty accurate of the typical undergrad. However, the serious students are often much more normal.

Most stereotypes are accurate to some degree, and inaccurate to an almost equal degree.