University of Washington-Seattle Campus

« See more reviews of University of Washington-Seattle Campus

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

I'd say the main stereotype is white yuppification. As I am a community college transfer student of color, I definitely contradict that preconception. There is also a presumption of an age restriction in undergrad: that everyone is between the ages of 18 and 22.

They all wear Northface and drink out of Nalgenes. We're a bunch of pot head, hippies that love the Earth and protest everything. There are a lot of smart Asians that screw up the curve for the "not-as-smart" in really hard classes.

I would say that some stereotypes about Washington students as well as people in Washington in general is that we are all hippies who like to drink coffee and love music. Seen as people who are friendly and welcoming who like to study.

some are really liberal funky environmental lovers and some are intelligent decent folks that care about a good education and good things in the world.

WE are all very smart and motivated. Very academically inclined. We are quirky because not only are we from Washington, we're in Seattle.

There is a stereotype that all UW students fit the Pacific Northwest mold and carry their Nalgenes while wearing their Northfaces.

That everyone wears North Face, that no one uses umbrellas, that the dorms suck, and that everyone is from in-state.

Pretentious, snobby, rich, white, into indie rock, super nice, too nice, passive-aggressive, techie-obsessed,

That students are pretentious, stuck up, and the rich kids (well according to our rival Washington State).

There are tons of asians there and they are super competitive, was a stereotype.