University of Wisconsin-Madison

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Madison

The classes are too large which means that students don't always get the individualized help that they might need, and professors don't have enough time to help out outside of class. Also, it appears that some teachers were hired for their research skills rather than their teaching abilities.

The worst aspect to UW-Madison is the party atmosphere. There are numerous bars, clubs and other places of the sort on campus and nearby so students often indulge themselves in the nightlife a little too often and it becomes a prominent problem on campus.

If you are not THE BEST, you are not good enough it seems and coming here makes you feel very unintelligent. I am lucky enough to be able to keep up academically, but have almost crumbled a few times. You must have a good work ethic to come here.

The out of state people from the East Coast are really annoying, because they often times are more affluent are arrogant towards the midwestern folks. They really aren't a problem, but if there was one thing I could eliminate, that would be it.

It is difficult to get into the classes you need and you never know if your professors and TAs will be excellent or horrible teachers! Also, there are a lot of cliques on campus and it is very large making it hard to make friends.

The large classes and the fact that they assume that you know everything already so that its basically you teaching yourself. I feel as if i am not getting my moneys worth because in all honesty i don't feel like im being taught.

The worst thing about the UW is signing up for classes. Although being able to sign up online is convenient, the system isn't efficiently designed for students to be able to find the msot convenient schedules.

Probably the lack of diversity - it is a great school and I absolutely love it but it is wrong that mostly all of the minorities on campus are on sports teams and have been recruited. We need more diversity!

The only bad thing I can think of about my school is how cold it gets during the winter, but students are provided bus passes anyway, which really helps when getting to class in negative temperatures.

I have abstained from drugs and alcohol while in high school and plan on that for college, too. I consider the drinking to be the worst part, but it is prevalent at all other universities as well.