University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh

The type of person that should attend Oshkosh, is someone who seizes opportunities and gets involved. There are many tools to help individuals succeed in their major, it's just a matter of taking advantage of them. There is help outside the classroom and lectures for additional learning. Students should also step outside of the classroom to benefit themselves and others. There are a variety of clubs for students, along with intramurals and NCAA Division III athletics. Being involved in a variety of activities allow students to meet new people, potential employers, and make one a well-rounded individual.

The type of people who come to UWO are diverse and cover a wide range of personalities. Additionally, extracurricular activities are adundant to accomodate this diversity. Therefore, I feel their is no limit to the kinds of people who can fit in at this university. However, it does seem that different departments tend to harbor people of similiar personalities, which just means that students need to branch out beyond the people they meet in the classroom. Finally, if I had to choose a few qualities, they are as follows: motivated, social, open-minded, energetic, and dedicated.

As a University we have a very well rounded body of students. Students eager to experience new things, study hard, meet new people of differing backgrounds, and become highly involved in campus activities should come to this University. Everyone supports each other in everything they do. Regardless of your background you will meet some outstanding people. Our campus is all about inclusion and diversity. The more you become involved, the more UWO becomes a home for you. We can have a good party, like any school, but at the end of the day it's all about our studies.

This is the kind of school that anyone can attend. Personally, I am an Honors student to whom learning has always come very easy. I am provided with a lot of opportunities to further myself and my education at UW Oshkosh. However, this is also a school that supports all types of students. There are so many supportive services for students who need extra help. The faculty are so understanding and really want their students to succeed. Anyone who is willing to work hard and get involved should attend the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.

UW-Oshkosh is for the person who is looking to figure out who they are as a person and step into the "scary" role of adulthood. UWO offers students a wide variety of organizations and activities that help students mature and become globally aware. This is especially important for those students coming from small towns who may not have seen much beyond their town's borders. Students receive the opportunity to discover how important a person's actions are and how they can affect others in not only surrounding areas but in the world as well.

People considering UWO can be full of energy and outgoing. THere are many activities available to students such as fun runs, ice sculpture competitions, anything you may not even know you are interested in. Living on campus as a freshman, the dorms set up housing competitions that give everyone a chance to get to know people you may never have the chance to know otherwise. No matter your area of study you can find opportunities to volunteer, act in plays or musicals or just blow off steam at the state of the art recreational center.

The kind of person wishing to attend school at UW Oshkosh should be ready for challenging coursework and able to make a serious commitment to excellence. The kind of person wishing to attend school here would need to appreciate relationships and have a great value and respect for tradition and reflecting that standard to the community. The kind of person ready for an education here would need to realize that success is earned and hard work will be necessary. To have a degree from UWO reflects all of those ideals.

Someone that should attend UW Oshkosh, is someone who needs to be ready to challenge themselves. That means they'll need to study more than they had in high school, but more importantly realize that they are on their own now. UW Oshkosh isn't like high school, where you had to go to class everyday, the teachers watched over you and there were rules to follow. Then in college everything is up to you, if you need help you have to ask for it, make sure you go to class everyday and never give up on yourself.

This univesity is great for students who seek to suceed in life and accomplish their goal of completing a higher education; but its no only that. There are a variety of options on campus for students; from sports to clubs or just to simply relax and have a good time. Also for students who wish to take on leadership roles and experience the wonderful diversity on campus. This university is for basically anyone that is willing to not only have a good time but also to have the best education possible.

The kind of person that should attend UW-Oshkosh is someone that is looking for the ultimate college experience. Oshkosh offers excellent academic programs and professors who truly care about their students. No matter what level a student is at, every course offers extra help and tutoring, available to a student at anytime. Along with strong academics, Oshkosh excells in athletics. It is an excellent school with a perfect size campus that is safe and creates a welcoming community for all.