University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

I consider the worst part of UWSP to be the cost of the Health Enhancement and Allen Center. I think that these services should be cheaper, although free would be rather nice. Our school promotes being green and healthy, I believe that the students woud become more healthy if they were able to work out at an accessible place.

Lack of Diversity of Professor background because we are loosing professors to places of higher paying jobs. Not being able to prioritize my studies over my involvement with campus activities such as student government, Money as a student im always worried about money, and it takes away from life

It is extremely expensive, and financial aid is really mainly given to certain races or women that come from a certain geological area in Milwaukee. So a free ride will be handed to someone who doesn't neccessarily have as much if any drive or passion just because they met certian qualifications.

The administrators continue to support and enforce failed policies on some key issues. Too often I see non-solutions being offered to solve problems. These stand as only an empty shell that makes it look like something is being done, when in reality the problem is just as bad or worse.

I wasn't impressed with the school's advising personnel. I strongly believe that they should implement a program to guarantee that a studen't advisor is capable of directing the student in the right direction, as well as, passionate about the field of study the student in choosing.

My school doesn't have a clear vision of what it wants to become. There are always new goals and standards it sets for its self, but it's always heading in a different direction. I believe that if it could just pick one thing and work at it the whole school will be better.

UWSP is a great school, but there isn't much to do in the Stevens Point area for fun. Downtown Stevens Point is populated largely by bars, and the shops that are there tend to close by five, making nightlife for non-drinkers like myself non-existent.

Besides the weather, the chancellor is some what unresponsive to student needs and desires -- she runs the school like a business -- but we have a decicaded student government association fighting for us everyday.

The surrounding area lacks culture and diversity. It is gradually getting better, but it could use a lot of improvement that would make life a little better when not studying. There are a lot of bars.

I would consider the food to be the worst thing about my school. While it is admirable that the school uses students to do the cooking, the recipies they try tend to come out a little worse for wear.