Valdosta State University

« See more reviews of Valdosta State University

One of the most unique qualities Valdosta State has is the perfect classroom sizes. Professors are able to cater to students on a more personal basis. The campus has beautiful Spanish style buildings with surrounding palm trees. Also, one can lead an active social life with the campust being so close to the downtown area. The people at VSU really seem to care about the future of each and every student. I am very proud to be a part of this wonderful institution that has affected my life in any imaginable way.

Valdosta State as well as the city of Valdosta is full of school spirit. We were recently given the title of ESPN's Titletown USA, and the people of Valdosta could't be happier. It is a great community and anyone would be lucky to attend this university. Everyone at this school always comes together when they need to. There are multiple volunteer programs at the school and they enjoy helping out the community.

During my college experience so far I have visited other colleges that I thought about going to and I can honestly say at VSU the campus is a lot cleaner and safer, as well as campus dwelling. At VSU there is a lot more diversity among different cultures and ethnic groups, and the teaching staff is by far more interactive and involved in the well being of the students they teach.

Valdosta State University has a great living environment. It makes the transition from home to college so much easier. They also provide many programs and activities to help you on a mental level and also a social level. When I visited other schools I did not feel the same peacefulness I felt here. They really make sure you feel comfortable.

When I began looking at colleges I thought the campus at Valdosta was very nice. Valdosta also has a large football following, as well as many active members in other sports. The sorority and fraternity life at VSU is very strong. If there are any extra curricular activities advertised on campus it ususally for a Greek Life event.

VSU is always encouraging students to get out there and try new things to meet people - like joining groups or clubs that share a common interest with you. I like how the classes are smaller, in most cases your professor actually learns your name! You just don't get that relationship with professors at larger universities.

Unlike the other schools I was interested in, Valdosta State University is farther away from home. I think this has helped me grow and develop as an individual by not being right under my parents all of the time. I have grown into a mature young adult since I have been at this school.

Valdosta State University offers a variety of classes in which other colleges do not. It also has been named a "Title Town" after many victories in football. VSU size also allows for smaller classes which entails a better learning environment as compared to large school classes.

Valdosta is much more ethinically diverse than many other schools in the state. This dynamic offers a unique enviorment to learn about other cultures and people. This creates a fun and diverse enviorment to learn and develope friends for life that you can't get anywhere else.

Valdosta State continues to improve our campus facilities for the student population. The university gets the students involved in building projects by getting student opinions on what they want on campus and what we think the school needs as a whole.