Valdosta State University

« See more reviews of Valdosta State University

A student with an open mind, persistence, and enthusiasm should attend this school. I believe anyone can pass these classes, if you remain persistent within yourself. Valdosta is a place of diversity, everyone accepts everyone here. Occasionally you will see stereotypical groups, yet those groups associate themselves with different groups. An open mind here will allow you to meet not only the people within your social group, but people outside of that. An enthusiasm for what you're pursuing in life helps the most, because it helps with your career coursework. It also increases your excitement for that career.

The only kind of person i could possibly think of who should not attend VSU would be one who is not goal-oriented and not willing to succeed. There really is a place for everyone here. Every classroom or sporting event you go to is a diverse environment where ev eryone learns from each other. I am so happy to say that the people at VSU will not judge you ever, but instead they embrace you. This cultural melting pot really allows for a wide variety of people to be happy and truly learn from other people and cultures.

If you are not focused on your education or you believe that this is a school that you can slack off in you should not attend this school. VSU has high academic requirements for its student and if you don't meet them you will have a set number of times you can retake a course. Academic Probation is another technique VSU uses to make sure their students keep their grades up. If you are on academic probation two semesters you will be kicked out of the University. If you do not keep your grades up you should not go.

A person that is not willing to put forth effort and commitment should not be allowed to attend this school. If you are the type to procrastinate you would not last long in college because every minute you have of free time, you have the opportunity to study your material and most importantly, getting involved in school activities. If you don't have what it takes to be an independent person, then college is not for you because everyday involves you getting up for class, studying your material, etc.

I feel that anyone that is dedicated in what they do and open-minded would do great in this school. In my experience at Valdosta State University, I have met and conversated with many different kind of people. There are the athletes, academic oriented ones, music lovers, and many more. I would have to say the kind of person that shouldn't attend this school would have to be the close-minded people. The one's that do not accept diversity and change.

Thus far in my time here I feel that there are plenty of oppertunites for anyone who wishes to attempt to better themselves. There are ample departments that cover just about every field that someone may wish to go into, at least to a minor degree. Also it is my personal belief that everyone should be given the oppertunity to recieve a better education and I would not feel right to say there is a "type" of person that should not attend college.

I would recommend anybody to attend this school unless you wouldn't like to meet new people or to taking your education to another step. I think this school gives you a good feeling and a great start to learning how to live as an adult off at school in another city. It's an excellent place to get an education and to get the skills to progress into your new career.

I think anyone honestly could attend this school, becasue of its diverse and how well individuals get along with each other. There has never been any problems on campus due to race or anything else that may conflict with the way people feel and think. The environment here is so cool that anyone will fit right in.

People who are from the city might not really like being at this school for to long. There is hardly any place to shop and it is extrememly country. We make do with the stores we have to but when coming from Atlanta or Orlando or any big city for that matter, it can be quite a big transition.

Someone who is extremely "city oriented". Valdosta is a college town, but lacks aspects that bigger cities have. The shopping here isn't all that great, and the traffic can sometimes be a hassle because of all construction and renovating the university is always doing.