Virginia Commonwealth University Top Questions

Tell us about your professors.

Trenicka

I can't speak for all professors but I can say for the majority of my college career at VCU I've had some pretty good professors. Nevertheless I think there's been a range from pretty bad to excellent, but I can honestly say that I've probably had 2 professors that I did not like in terms of their teaching and testing methods. But for the other professors I've thoroughly enjoyed their classes and for some I was actually sad to move one and leave that class. It's always awesome when you have a professor that is so passionate about their work and shows that same passion for their students and makes them self readily available to talk and meet with you outside of the classroom. I've had professors who did show genuine concern for their students and I've had some professors who were really hard but by the time you left their class you were confident and you appreciated the challenges of the work because it pushed you beyond your comfort level and forced you to open up and really take your work seriously study harder and ensure that you understand the material being taught. VCU Professors do show passion for their work and for their students and they make it easy for you as a student to get exactly what you came there for and that's a degree!