Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

There is a lot of partying but not anymore than at another school and when people have school work they don't party. Most people forget in the stereotype that students are very balanced.

Yes I believe there is a large amount of students that support the athletes, but their is also a good amount of student who are involved in other activites

The drunk part is accurate for the most part. And rednecks...some of the students, but then I am from NY and everyone not in NY or NJ is a redneck to me.

VT is a really good university for math and science, especially engineering, but there are a lot of other departments and majors that are just as strong.

most are false. generally students here are intelligent and most are from suburbia, not rural areas. there are some rednecks though

We have parties, but thats not all we do. I've never experienced hostility. Duh.... are rival is UVA its always been that way!

We do have our hicks and we do have our greek snobs, but that does not exemplify the majority of the population.

No, every college has lots of strengths, we have a huge variety of options, it is not just a technical school

NOT AT ALL, everyone here is very laid back and normal. Not a very up tight school and everyone is friendly

No, there ARE those types of people,but it does not describe the university as a whole.