Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Classes are unfair, the actually classes dont prepare you for the tests. The tests don't test your understanding of the material, just your ability to retain useless information. I have also had some really rude professors.

I was a liberal arts major, so most of my professors knew my name. I wouldn't say Virginia Tech is even close to the level of educational superiority as a school like UVA. I didn't find my classes challenging overall.

Professor knows my name Favorite class: Nonfiction Creative Writing, Least favorite: Media Effects Students don't study enough Class participation is mediocre Students rarely have intellectual conversations

Acedemics at Tech depend on who is teaching them. The teachers are extremely diverse and you will have a different teaching style, grading style, ect with every teacher that you have.

-Some of my professors know my name, however not all. A lot of my classes that I have taken have been somewhat large, but I do not mind it! I study several hours a week.

VT has some of the top academic programs in the country ex. Business, Engineering, and Architecture just to name a few. Tough programs that help students get great jobs.

I don't think professors always know their students names but i feel that it would be difficult for them to know everyone in classes that are 100 of students big.

In the larger classes you need to go out of your way to introduce yourself. In the smaller classes teachers tend to take attendance so they know you generally.

Professors know my name because I make sure they know my name. Students study often. Class participation is common in the social sciences.

There are some classes with hundreds of students, but teachers are very approachable even if they don't know you personally.