Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

We are all very proud to be Hokies. We loathe UVA students and their preppy exterior. We have many intelligent students, but we also know how to have a good time. Football is life. Everyone has an affinity for Blacksburg.

Virginia Tech is only a school for engineering and if you aren't pursuing that track, why go there. Tech students are a lot of nerdy engineering guys. Tech students are crazy about football and will always be die hard fans.

Stereotypes range from being "hippy, tree-hugging" liberals mixed with very conservative "back woods" hicks. There's also the stereotype of being slackers and less preppy than UVA.

That we are crazy sport fanatic fans that absolutely love Virginia Tech and the students that attend. I have also heard that we may be rednecks...

We are super laid back. We are awesome at sports. We have a huge alumni network. Hokies are one big huge family. We are a huge party school.

People who like to party, tailgate at football games, football obsessed, always wear Hokie clothes, "keep it real" and down to earth

Predominantly white students attend. Those who are African American are most likely here on scholarship, playing a sport.

Good stereotype: Down to earth, good students but also known to skip class, not do homework, SPIRITED, All-American kid

Some stereotypes are that Virginia Tech is too big and you don't get to know anyone since there are so many people

Love hokie sports, especially football. Other than that just a casual group of students.