Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Virginia Tech is a great school for all types of students. It may be out in the middle of no where but there's always something to do. I've only met one person who wasn't happy with VT, and she ended up leaving for a year but deciding to come back because she missed it. It's pretty hard not to love it here.

Anyone! Anyone who is interested in making lots of friends from different backgrounds, or wants to join the greek community, or loves Hokie football, or is willing to show pride in their school. Virginia Tech always has open arms and no type of person doesn't belong. We are all family.

People that are willing to try different things and really test how far they'll go in an education should definitely come. The programs can be quite challenging, so it's not for the faint of heart academically. Tech is so diverse that really anyone is welcome!

Outgoing, fun, inviting person that likes meeting new people. Tolerant of others that have different backgrounds, must have a strong sense of community. The student should be dedicated to their work and willing to branch out to explore their interests.

This is a great school for someone that's looking for a diverse campus with many new ideas. Someone that isn't decided on their major yet should come here as well! There are many programs offered, and you have ample time to decide on one (or more!).

People who love football games, school spirit and being involved, all while striving to do well academically. The social thrive here because its on the bigger size, but even the quieter people find their niche and end up loving it here.

Someone who is looking for a life-changing experience, to learn alot about their particular discipline, and wants to be part of a great community and wonderful tradition would fit in great here at this school.

Virginia Tech is mostly engineering, science, math and buisiness so the best type of person would be an intelligent person who is good at math and probably the sciences as well. Also a good liver never hurts.

Any type of person who wants the best education possible for themselves and is ready to push themselves. This school is perfect for anyone who loves school spirit and is not afraid to yell for our team!!

The kind of person that attends this school should be one that is very focused academically with high standards and goals and life, and also capable of entertaing themselves when there's not much to do.