Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

« See more reviews of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

I wish that I would have done more research about the majors and the required coursework for each major. Virginia Tech offers so many great majors that I wish I hadn't just boxed myself into one. I wish I had taken a more rounded look at career possibilities and left my options open.

How little self expression there is here. I got a much more artsy feel when I visited. I also wish I knew there was a significantly diminished music scene here as well. I also wish I knew what I wanted to pursue academically because I am now having second thoughts on my major.

I wish I had known that joining a sorority could be a wonderful way to make friends and that it's worth the time to give it a shot. I also wish I knew more about the scholarships that were available to freshmen so that I could have applied to some of them.

I wish i had known that VA tech was in such a rural area as I enjoy the city. I also wish i had known what I was going to major in seeing as I changed to International Relations and Tech does not offer a good program for their IS department.

I wish that I had known that this school was literally in the middle of nowhere. Students would have to be involved in sports or sororities, fraternities, clubs or other organizations to stay busy when getting away from academics.

I wish I could have known how to manage my time better. When I came to college I had to completely figure out what time managment was because once I began to get involved in activities I needed to sort out my life.

I'm at a loss for words. I was fairly informed when I came here and on top of that I don't feel like if I had known anything different I would have stayed away. This is place is everything i dreamed and more.

I wish i had known that grades are primarily based on exam grades. I came from a small private high school with a lot of homework, but in the big school environment it is hard for professors to grade homework.

The people are very cliquesh. I don't recommend transferring in. Weekends revolve around drinking, but there are many other activities students can get involved with. Almost everyone is from northern VA.

I wish I had known the rigors of being a college student; how difficult it can be to be out on your own without anyone forcing you to study, go to class, etc. You really have to be very disciplined.