Staten Island, NY
Wagner College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wagner College

Chelsey

College isn't at all what you would expect Chelsey. To get your full experience you have to get involved. The resourses and technology that will be accessable to you will be very benefical so USE it. Studying hard and being dedicated to getting a better education is what will get you throuh college. You HAVE to want to be there, just always remember this will be paying off in your future. Oh and college is alot of fun too, get involved in the athletics they will help you stay focused and dedicated because you don't want to let your team down, being uneligible for the championship game wouldn't be a crowd pleaser that's for sure. College school work is a lot more challenging and time consuming so make sure you set a side a few hours a day to get your homework done and just power through it. Well chelsey I know you'll do great just keep focused, go to class and enjoy your experience.

If I could go back and talk with myself as a high school senior, my transition to college could have been a lot less stressful. I would definitely tell my younger self to choose a small school to make the transition the easiest. During my decision process, I had it down to two schools; one very large, and one very small. I am a terrible decision maker to begin with! I drove myself and my family insane with numerous pro and con lists. If I had a chance to talk with myself today, I would have known that a small school makes everything easier; from class sizes and interaction with professors to move- in day and instant friends, having a small sized school made the transition so simple. It was almost like summer camp; making friends that you will have forever, and gaining great mentors out of your counselors, or in this case, professors. The small size of the school has allowed me to learn so much more and experience things I never would have had the chance to. Sharing this information with myself last year could have helped me make my decision easier without annoying my friends and family.

The dining services. Although it is a small school, i think there should be more options. Wagner has the main dining hall, that does have many options, but is not the most convenient for busy schedules. The other option is the hawks nest which is a grill and cafe type atmosphere. Both meet the basic needs, but with only two options i think the food could be improved or more options available. It is not horrible food, just could be improved.

Leah

My school is definitely best known for its theater program. I have seen some shows here, and our drama department is wonderfully talented. We have had some graduates make in Broadway, and have had the opportunity to host some Broadway actors as directors. It is definitely the dominant major on campus.

First of all, I would advise myself to know who I am before heading off to college. Much of the drama and life decisions could be handled a lot better if I was more sure of myself going into them. Also, I would caution myself to not be judgmental, but to also not be afraid to get ot know people. There is such a diversity here that I am not used to, and it would have been nice to be warned about that before plunging into this new life. I would also tell myself to just have fun, let go sometimes and not worry or over-plan. College is the time to make mistakes and figure out what I actually want to do with my life, so it's completely alright to not be perfect.

I wish I had known how hard it was to deal with administrations such as Admissions and Financial Aid. I have a wonderful financial aid package, and there are very nice staff members. However, their records have been off, they have lost some of my paperwork, and they can be very slow at getting back to you on decisions.

Heather

My college experience was my first real introduction to independence. Having been raised in a caring, protective, middle class, suburban household- attending college took me out of my comfort zone for the first time. As much as I value the degree I earned from Wagner and the knowledge I obtained from all of the classes attended, I find that the social education of the college experience is most valuable. It's funny to think back now, but at first the idea that I was completely responsible for my choices- without having a parental figure monitering or influencing my daily decisions was extrememly novel to me. I quickly learned the importance of time management amongst classes, athletics, and my social life. The subtlety of meeting new people, navigating the challenges of living with roommates, and maintaining relationships with different genres of peer groups sounds like a given, but really, these are skills that I developed in college. College, for me, helped develop my self confidence- I think the college experience, in general, is most valuable because it acts as this crazy transitional cushion between childhood and adulthood.

Location. I'll never forget one of my first night's at school: my roommate and I watched fireworks go off over the statue of liberty from our dorm room window. Aside from the beautiful city skyline, it was enormously beneficial to be so close to Manhattan. Accessibility to some of the world's most well known musuems and endless internship opportunities came in extremely handy throughout my undergraduate career.

Having attended a smaller liberal arts school, the class selection is not comparable to those of large Universities.

Chrystina

The campus and how beautiful it is, how close we are to the city and how we are very community based. We have small classes and have excellent programs in nursing, business and have a wonderful theatre program.

If I were to talk to myself with the knowledge that I have now, I would tell myself to actually pay attention in high school and that it really does matter, and to reach out to every available resource that I have and utilize it. I never did A work in high school but I don't belive that I pushed myself either because I didn't think that it mattered, but if I were to get into a routine and build better study habits and was able to better prepare myself, I think that would have helped me in the long run, instead of having to teach myself study methods now as a junior in college. I think I would also tell a senior to take advantage of the time they have in high school because they tell us that we should put in 3 hours to every classroom hour of studying which is a lot, and in order to succeed you really need to do that or something close to that and in high school that typically is not the case. So take advantage of the time you have to hang out with friends and family.

A really big partier, sure there are parties you can go to, but they are few and far between. If you don't know what you want to do, I wouldn't suggest coming in as a freshman but definitley as a transfer, and if you're someone who thinks they can just be a fly on the wall, the professors will know your name and will know if you attend their classes or not.

Jillian

My classmates, particularly in my major, are excited to learn and continually engaging themselves in class discussions both inside and outside of the classroom.

Knowing what I know now about college life and the transition, I would tell myself to not be afraid of any exciting opportunities presented to me and to still have fun! Four years of college in New York City have almost come and gone so quickly, and I feel that I have not utilized my convenient location near the city. I was able to study abroad through my school and see most of Europe, but I have not done many things around my campus. I have always put academics first and needed to work jobs throughout school, which has been stressful at times. This is why I would remind myself to simply time manage, and not forget to take part in fun campus activities. While not forgetting to have a great time at college, I would also tell my high school senior self to be yourself! This is the best way to make new friends and to not fear being judged by others. During the orientation week and the first month of college life, be open to meeting anyone and everyone because you never know who you will meet and possibly be friends with for the rest of your life.

The worst thing about Wagner College is the variety of class choices. Many of them fill up quickly due to requirements for majors, which leaves the freshmen and sophomores without many choices or having to deal with the difficulty of getting signed into a class (choice of the professor). When filling requirements or other electives in order to graduate, the college lacks options such as earth sciences, environmental courses, geography, and very few international and language courses. It may be due to the size of the college, but the capacity and options for classes are the worst.

Lisa

Wagner College is best for students who want a small school, small classes, many career oppotunites, and want to make a lot of friends.

If I could time travel, I would tell myself as a high school senior to not stress about college life. I would also tell myself to introduce myself to everyone that I meet on campus during orientation. I should not be afraid or timid to meet new people. In fact, Freshmen Orientation is the best time to make new friends. I would remind myself to study hard but not too much. I should make sure to have time to have some fun with my new friends during the weekends. I would advise myself not to be afraid of my professors and to go to them for help during their office hours in order to get to know them better. I would tell myself to join clubs that I am interested in and to take advantage of every academic, leadership, and volunteer opportunity that is offered to me. Finally, I would remind myself to check and read my e-mail everyday and to keep in touch with my family and high school friends.

People who attend Wagner College should be determinated, have perserveance, be self-motivated, and be ready to have fun.

My first semester classmates are some of my greatest friends at college. Wagner has an ineresting class for freshmen called a learning community. About 30 students have the same two classes together their first semester. I got very lucky with my classmates. We are all very diverse, yet we are all very accepting. I have also not met so many inelligent beings in one place before. Each classmate of mine had something diferent, yet unique and important to add to discussions, and I believe that because of my classmates I'll be able to further my education immensely.

I wish as a senior in high school I could have known exactly what I was getting in to because then, just maybe, I wouldn't have worried as much. If I could go back and tell myself a few things, the first major thing would be to relax. College isn't as scary s thehigh school guidance counselors like to make it seem. I wouls also let myself know that everyone is in the same boat as you, and that I am not the only one errified of making brand new friends. I would let me high school self know also, that college is a lot more expensive than thought. I would advice myself that instead of going on that really "important" shopping trip with my friends over the summer, I should really be conserving money and looking up cheaper prices of college books. But probably the most important thing I would tell myself is to get ready for a adventure. I wish I would have known that college is meant to be a place to learn who you are, because then I would have started as soon as I got here. So heres' to an adventure.

The best thing about my school, Wagner College, is the variety of classes. I have never seen such a wide variety of classes and even majors available to a student. I came to college with a general idea of what I wanted to do, but even after just one semester I learned that to pursure the career I wished to have I would have to take different classes than what I expected. Thanks to the wide variety of classes I know what it is I wish to pursue in life, and I'm only a second semester freshmen.

Seth

I'd tell myself to be prepared for the unexpected. College life is about spontaneity, living life in the moment and getting the most out of everything you do. I'd tell myself that you will always have a support group, between your peers and professors, everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand. However, the most important thing I would tell myself is that college is nothing like high school - the workload is about a hundred times more than it was in high school, even with AP and Honors classes. There are many papers to write, exercises to do, books to read, and scholarships to apply for. The key to getting through this is self-motivation and time management, as if you can motivate yourself to read books, write papers, and apply for scholarships with enough time to reserve for relaxation, you will be able to accomplish anything you set your mind to, something that will go with you for the rest of your life.

Anyone wishing to pursue a performing arts (music, theatre, dance) or physician assistant degree should attend Wagner, as these are the school's top strengths. Wagner is also a great school for anyone who is undecided, because there are so many options and internships that Wagner can set up for you. The faculty is very helpful and will help you discover what you want to do with your life and bring out the best in you.

If you think you're going to coast through college, Wagner is not for you. The courses offered are challenging and the professors expect a lot from you. There are also components in the First-Year program that challenge you to think as a citizen of the United States, and if you are not ready for that quite yet, Wagner might not be for you.

Daniel

Its location is great because it is in New York City. Also, it is a small school so no class is ever too big.

If given the opportunity to talk to the high school senior I was, my main message to myself would be not to sell yourself short. As I look back on my life, I can often recall instances when I could have tried something but did not. This was because I doubted my abilities and did not truly believe in myself. I often thought that I was not smart enough or good enough, and in turn missed out on many opportunities. As I begin to rely more on my own abilities as an adult, I realize that I have held myself back from many things in life. For this reason, I would tell my former self to strive for every opportunity that presents itself because they may never come again and to never doubt his own abilities for he is capable of greatness.

A strong independent person who is able to make the best out of what they are given. There are many opportunities at Wagner but you must work for them; they are never handed to you.

Wagner College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.