Wake Forest University

« See more reviews of Wake Forest University

Although predominantly wealthy, white, and Type A, Wake Forest students are a hardened group that can be a Weekend Warrior one day, and a Zen Master of Academic Focus the next. Achieving high standards of "play", my peers have achieved a higher sense of academic and career-driven accomplishment that accompanies a liberal arts education of such high caliber.

There's a lot of separation between student groups -athletes, greeks, independents etc. There's always been a certain northern vs. southern students mentality, and Wake even likes to pair freshman roommates north/south, but it's mostly all in good fun. Wake is conservative, but since there's plenty of young people you have a fair amount of liberals as well.

My classmates are highly intellectual in class (most of them being from more northern states such as New Jersey and New York). If someone is struggling with the material, then we form study groups. So, when they work, they work wisely because after work comes the fun time.

A person who would be out of place at Wake is a gothic person. The typical student is fairly preppy and involved. The four tables of students in the dining hall are a fraternity, a sorority, a group of athletes, and the a group of black fraternity/sorority students.

Racial not diverse people get dressed to go to class, rare to see someone in sweats (unless they're athletes or going to/coming from the gym) 4 Tables of students in the Dining hall: Athletes, Frats, God Squad, ..? Prevalent financial bg: $$$$$$$$$$

All types if you make an effort to get to know people. You'll find a lot of fake, conservative, upper class white kids, but most of them recognize their status and want to know something different.

My classmate encouraged me to succeed and we would study together, share notes, and work together both in the classroom andoutside the classroom such as jobs and internships.

A lot of ppl here are white. People are also relatively conservative and more religious than in the north. I love it. PPL are reall friendly and cool.

My classmates are a mix of people, with most of them being the preppy, southern type--not too much of a variety, although some can be found if you look.

My classmates are all from different parts of the country and world,but for the most part feel very similar in many important aspects.