Wake Forest University

« See more reviews of Wake Forest University

its a pretty conservative school but i think thats starting to change on campus. i cant really imagine that anyone could really feel out of place here, thers a niche for everyone. most people tend to be from the upper middle class here, i mean who else could afford the 40,000+ a year it takes to go here. but there are also a lot of scholarships to help kids that cant.

Again, the stereotypical Wake student is rich, white, preppy, and active in Greek life. The athletes bring a different side to this stereotype, though, and of course there is more diversity than that. However, anyone either not fitting pretty well to this stereotype or a member of a varsity team is likely to feel at least somewhat out of place.

Upon appearance, the student body at Wake seems very homogeneous. The general stereotypes of wealthy, caucasian, and conservative apply to many students at Wake. While there is only some ethnic and cultural diversity, the students at Wake are involved in activities that range over all ends of the spectrum, from the arts to athletics.

the black people here seem to clump together and get mad that there arent more black people, but honestly they should have known that before they came. one of wakes nicknames is 'white forest' .. all the black kids in luter isolate themselves and hate on the white kids. im not trying to sound like an asshole, but thats the truth

Wake is not that diverse. Most students wear jeans to class. Different types of students do interact. Wake students are very geographically diverse. The students are usually middle to upper middle class financially. Most students are politically aware. They are at all ends of the political spectrum. Only in a joking sense.

The student body is very homogenous and not having the financial resources to live highly can be stressful to students who cannot afford to do so. Yet there are pockets of students who do not fit the wealthy mold. Politically, the student body is on average pretty moderate, but there are both extremes on campus as well.

Wake is a racially divided school, which is unfortunate. There are a lot of close-minded students, especially politically. The school is a very conservative one. Different types of students interact, but only if they put in the effort to do so. Athletes don't usually party with Greeks, etc.

So many more attractive girls than guys....and I'm a girl saying that! Everyone runs or goes to the gym...I lost weight my Freshman year! Greek life is huge, but more so you just need to be apart of it to be known than it necessarily controls your social life.

The campus is fairly politically conservative, but that's just a slight leaning. There are definitely plenty of liberal and differing viewpoints at Wake. The student body is becoming more and more diverse and there are a wide variety of students on campus.

there is not as much diversity as i would have liked to see upon arrival. a student with a lack of social skills would probably feel out of place here, but i guess they feel out of place most places. four tables: 1. athletes 2. GDIs 3. frat 4. sorority