Wake Forest University

« See more reviews of Wake Forest University

The culture is unlike any school I've ever visited. It just has a feeling when you walk on campus.

I LOVE WAKE! While the work is hard, it is a genuinely fun, happy place.

Small class sizes, but large resources.

I LOVE WAKE SO MUCH COME HERE

I love wake!

PI BETA PHI

nope

With such tough academics, it's essential to check out your professor before you sign up for a class. Students here rely on a website called virtualratings.com to screen teachers so they know what they're getting into. As always with anonymous services, everything is to be taken with a grain of salt. Once you get to Wake, you're sure to hear about the campus underground tunnels. The entrances are mostly closed off, but a determined student can find a way. They're dark and a little damp, but worth it for students up for a little adventure. Tribble Hall, a building on campus open 24 hours, is the site of countless hookups over the years. No one wants to graduate without being able to count this among their collegiate rebellions.

This place is a good school, and I can say that I have indeed benefited from being here. The academics are stellar, and I feel as prepared as I can be to enter the world of graduate school in the sciences. Socially, this place has provided me with some close friends. However, in general, I hate the social scene here and the fact that it is so isolated. Still, the GLBT group has been great, and general I feel accepted, at least by most of the female population here. Still, if you are looking for a school where it is very, very easy to be gay, this is not quite it. If you're looking for a school where being gay is ok, this place is just fine.

I've had a great experience at Wake, and I think that it is a wonderful institution, but the Wake community does not reflect the values or status of the country as a whole and is not a good representation of the real world by any means.