Wake Forest University

« See more reviews of Wake Forest University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Wake Forest is believed to be a very difficult school and there is a common conception that Wake students work very hard. There is also a stereotype that all Wake students are rich kids involved in Greek life.

For people who know the school well, the main stereotype is that students are white, upper class preps. However, the average person you run into just thinks that Wake is a school for smart kids.

students are very preppy and rich students are still being paid for by their parents students are ignorant to the world outside of Wake's walls students are very religious

The stereotypical Wake student is wealthy, white, and conservative, and generally people say that the students chose Wake because they were rejected from Duke or Davidson.

The two big stereotypes that I can think of are the tough academics, as demonstrated by the nickname "Work Forest", and the southern, preppy, conservative atmosphere.

People often stereotype Wake students as all the same and extremely preppy. People believe that everyone here is from the south and there is no diversity present.

Wake students are definitely thought as overachieving, WASP-y, conservative, spoiled kids who live off of daddy's money and are probably in a Greek organization.

Wake is comprised of a student body of mostly upper middle class student. At Wake Forest, a student can expect to do a lot of work for their grades.

There are many common misconceptions about Wake Students. Some think that we are a very pretty and non-diverse university full of overachievers.

-everyone is rich and stuck up -people are fake -students are smart -women are perfect Southern belles and men are perfect Southern gentlemen