Wentworth Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Wentworth Institute of Technology

Wentworth campus life is a lot different then that stereotypical party wild campus that most people think of when they think about college. The campus is actually small which makes getting to and from classes with all your supplies and projects easy, and you will get a lot of project is you are a design major. Plus the wide range of students makes it a place where anybody can fit in from the engineering techies to the construction management jocks to the computer science smarties to the interior design girly girls and the awesome architecture students.

my school stands out from other schools because it is small. all my class have between 20 and 30 kids and there are no huge lectures. i know all my professors and they are all willing to help me with things like my resume or letters of recommendation. we have free tutoring at school for any class from high scoring upperclassmen. everyone at the school can go to an event and talk to their advisors and even the dean to make good connections and get important contacts for the later job search.

Wentworth used to be an all guys school, but has opened its doors up to the education of women as well because of that the the percentage of men to women is around 80% to 20%, there are alot of majors, including Architecture, each major requires the student to take a co-op job, also students are offered a chance to study abroad and work with real people of there majors in foreign countries, in the class room you are taught, but you do learn mainly by experience of "hands on work".

Florida State University is unique because it's so student friendly. It's fees aren't extreme and it has a free bus system. Food is always available with all the on-campus dining and off-campus restaurants that line the perimeters. Besides all that, the faculty are committed to the student's education. If there is ever a problem or you not sure on some information they'll answer politely and quickly. They make you feel important.

Our school strives to provide the best possible opportunities for post-graduate success. All courses are designed to prepare the student for job searching, networking, and gaining hands-on experience. It may sound like something out of a brochure, but its true. The networking opportunities especially make Wentworth stand out. Wentworth is connected with countelss employers across every major it offers.

The programs are very unique to Wentworth because many of the majors are "technology" majors, which is a different type of engineering major. Something else which makes Wentworth unque is the laptop program. Every student is provided with a laptop while they are attending the school and all the software needed for their majors are downloaded directly to the laptops.

My school has a reputation for being a hands-on, nuts & bolts kind of place.....and in a way it is. Still it provides a first class liberal arts education. For that it is still underated and not widely recognized. Yet all my art or humanity professors have opened my eyes to ideas and theories that I might not have discovered on my own.

I didn't need a portfolio to apply and this program gives you work opportunities while still attending school. I love the hands on projects as well. One of the schools I looked at offered a fine arts degree but here I am getting a bachelors of science.

The two required internships provide every student with professional experience before graduation. Being located in Boston, there is an abundance of companies who work with Wentworth to provide these internship oppurtunities.

It's right in the heart of boston, near fenway and all the bars. Public transportation can get you all over boston. Theres plenty of off campus apartments close to school that is cheaper to live in then on campus.