Wesleyan University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wesleyan University

Abrar

I think Wesleyan University as a second home, where I have friends that support me and help me through my day and my classes as well as any emergency situations. I can talk to my professors who are very helpful to make sure I understand the course content and succeed in the class

Veronica

I'm almost done with my first year at Wes and I could not have been happier with the decision I made to go here. I love the environment we have here, and the feeling of being in a school that's not too big and at the same time not too small. I feel like there is room for anyone to try anything, and the majority of people you meet are super friendly and ready to help you with whatever. The classes can be really challenging and you will need to learn how to manage your time wisely, and if you're like me, not spread yourself too thin by doing a thousand things. There's a space here for anyone, and a lot of the students are really involved in activites within and without their major.

Olivia

My overall opinion of Wesleyan University is that it is a place where everyone is accepted for who they are and the extraordinary are embraced with open arms. I am constantly surrounded by people who love to learn and love to ask questions, which, I believe, has made me more of a curious student outside of the classroom. I think that the social scene mixed with the athletics and academics creates the perfect balance that I believe should be found on every college campus.

Maribel

When one first arrives on Wesleyan University’s campus, they become mesmerized by the institution’s architectural style. The majority of buildings are composed of red bricks that are stacked in a way that makes the buildings both interesting and different. These interesting and different buildings reflect the classes being taught within them as well as the students who take them. The university provides classes that are as interesting and as different as their buildings as their titles are like none you will have ever heard of before. These interesting and different titles make it that much easier for students to select classes that they are eager about, which translates into an easier time getting excited to go to class and studying. The people who attend this university are as interesting and as different as the buildings and classes as they are all very passionate about something. Whether their passion stems from art, politics, or sports, hearing them speak about their passion is very enthralling and a great way to pass the time. In general, Wesleyan University is an interesting and different place that is great for those who are very passionate when it comes to what they are studying and want to be exposed to classes and people that they will not run into anywhere else.

Dennis

Wesleyan's education is truly amazing. The professors are oustanding and often worked on critical issues around the world. Since i've been here, former FBI agents, military officers, and many other interesting visiting professors have taught here. The rest of the professors are simply excellent at what they do. However, must warn folks that financial aid at this school is a nightmare. They don't seem to have ever put in place systems for people other than the ultra rich and wealthy, who don't need much help in the first place. End of the day, great education, very poor adminstration.

Yaje

Overall, Wes is a pretty chill school but there is definitely room for improvement, especially socially. Like it's not horrible, but there could be better venues for parties instead of freezing outside or being crammed in a senior's small house. The food is good, and there are a lot of options. First-year academics really depends on how well prepared you are coming in from high school, if you are not about to put the work in then you'll struggle. But it really is manageable when you talk with your professors and use the many resources they have on campus.

Chinaly

Wesleyan is a great University for those who are looking for a small, politically active school. The overall vibe of the campus is laid back where students aren't looking to compete with one another. However there is a current problem where there are a lack of custodian workers and many building and restrooms are not getting the cleaning they need.

Katie

Every mourning I wake up I feel as though I am living in some sort of surreal dream. I can’t believe that I’m going to this college, that they accepted me, that I am so incredibly lucky. For me, getting into Wesleyan was a dream, and one that I worked hard to achieve at that. The school is prestigious. Many of the professors have graduated from Ivy league and are doing ground breaking work in their fields. However, they’re never too busy to chat with you during their office hours or help you with any problems you might be having, whether those are school related or personal. My good relationship with my processors is one of the best things about being at this school. I find my classes intellectually stimulating and challenging, but I’ve never been so bogged down with work that I couldn’t handle it. Their academic resources are incredible. Wesleyan is a prestigious school and this shows, in more ways than one. On the one hand they have enough money to fund several good programs, an excellent dining service, and to make the university just look good. On the other hand, it means that classism is a huge issue here. A majority of the student population is very well off, which means that low income or even middle-class issues are often overlooked. Though they are need based, financial aid is not always clear with you on how they calculate your aid. They’re very vague and difficult to communicate with, which is frustrating. In terms of social life on campus, it’s very easy to get involved. There are several activist organizations, since activism is a big part of campus culture. There are also several art and music related groups. Wesleyan does have a night life, though it’s relegated to the weekends, since students here tend to care about academics. People on campus tend to be very sociable and friendly. All in all it’s a wonderful place to live and go to school, though financing it can be tough at times.

Katherine

Wesleyan is a fantastic moderate-sized liberal arts school. It is a wonderful community, and just the right size. Small enough that you don't get lost in the masses, and there's a sense of unity and intimacy, but big enough that there are a wide variety of opportunities for students to get involved in a variety of activities that they are interested. It is rigorous with academic excellence, but by no means a cutthroat competitive atmosphere--on the contrary, very collegial and supportive.

Wesleyan is a great school with a lot of diversity. The sports are great and people come to support our games. There are many extracurricular activities as well, ranging from clubs to recreational sports. The academics is most impressive at Wesleyan. A degree from this wonderful university can truly help you get a job anywhere.

Gifty

In my opinion visiting Wesleyan University the campus is really beautiful and very easy to navigate and just walking on campus is a good exercise because the classes are far from the dorm, but that might depend on where you live. The food there is so amazing, not the biggest diversity, but everyone there is so nice and caring. Visiting that campus made me feel like it was a second home I just enjoyed the vibe that I got when I was on that campus.