Buckhannon, WV
West Virginia Wesleyan College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend West Virginia Wesleyan College

The only aspect of college life that has been valuable to me is obtaining a college degree. I know this is of utmost importance, however I had wished I would have considered other dimensions. To further clarify, college is where an individual spends most of their time and essentially lives there. It is best for the campus and surrounding area to have activities that cater to young adults. However, there are limited campus activities. The food is quite atrocious. The dormitory facilities are subpar and archaic. Although I am receiving substantial financial aid, I still feel as if the price tag is entirely too high. I truly would love to see a report of all their finances because I fail to see where they spend our money. The student body is also too small and the retention rate is considerably low for freshmen. Buckhannon is not particularly a college town. Most businesses close early and there are virtually no recreational activities to do during the day. Quite frankly, it has been too slow and boring for my liking.

The best thing about the school is the ability to understand the curriculum. Classes are small making it easy to ask professors questions and to get a further explanation. It also bring class to a personal level, enabling you to learn more about the other students and your professor. Most professors are more than willing to give advice and to help you understand.

West Virginia Wesleyan College is not what most people envision as a true college experience.

At WVWC, I have found like-minded people, but I've also realized the reasons why I am an individual. After attending elementary through high school with the same people, I've gotten the chance to explore a distant and different community. Not only have I learned a lot about my craft, I have had the freedom to explore art, artists and genres that I've never been prompted to go and discover. I have a more specific idea of what I want my future career and otherwise extrinsic goals to look like. I have done a lot of growing and, moreover, expanding. I feel my interactions with the small WVWC is a gage on how I will treat others around me and how I will handle situations for the rest of my life. As for my training and practice as an artist, I find others in my program are learning how to become an artist- I already am an artist. So, individually, I am, with the help of professors and students, honing my skills and creativity for a tres nouveu and fresh look at design.

If you have a generally ecclectic or creative style or way of thinking, you WILL stand out.

WVWC is a small community with very "normal" students.

I have gotten tons out of my college experience. I have learned a great deal about time management, and I have also learned to become more optimistic and outgoing. Just the experience of having the ability to develop great friendships with my professors made me realize how valuable it was to attend a small private school. It has taught me how to be my own person and to not care as much about trying to make other people like me. This experience ultimatly has taught me who I really am and to not be afraid to show it to the world.

I consider the worst thing about my school is the greek affiliations. West Virginia Wesleyan is a extremely small school since it is private so the greek groups have actual houses for them to stay in. Every night there seems to be a party going on at every house, and the noise carries all over the town making it hard to sleep at night or to concentrate while studying.

West Virginia Wesleyan is an expensive school. I suggest anyone that is going to college and plans to just party should not go there. Without any scholarships, the school can cost a little over 40,000 dollars per year so, if the person is just going to party and not work on their academics then by going there they are throwing that money down the drain. That's a lot of money!

Tyler

I wish I had none how hard some of the subjects and classes were before college. Going into college, I wasn?t prepared for some of the material and challenges of college that have now become benefits. This college takes a lot of work to succeed in; but it?s extremely rewarding when you can look past the black and white of an issue and further analyze it. Going to this college has really opened-up my mind to different possibilities in my life that I would have never considered before attending it.

I brag about the fact that my campus is very hands-on with its students. The times and where you can meet professors, counselors, faculty, and tutors is only aimed towards the convenience of the students. The faculty of our college always goes the extra mile to accommodate its students. I also brag about the overall environment of our college and the excellent activities we have after class: theater plays, musical performers, readings from local authors and faculty, and other miscellaneous, fun events held on and off our excellent campus!

If I could go back and time and give my former self advice about college life here is what I would tell myself: ?Try and take as many college classes as you can now, they will help you significantly in the future.? I had the opportunity to earn twelve credit hours (four classes) at the same college I?ve been attending since 2007 as a high school senior. Because I had the experience of a college environment under my belt, I was able to succeed early-on in my first semester when I made the Dean?s List with an overall GPA for that semester of 3.8. My overall GPA did suffer because I earned two C?s as a high school senior, but the experience I gained from those classes was invaluable. Until you actually take a college class or two, there?s no other way of preparing yourself for the environment of it. You simply have to do it; no amount of high school classes touches the level of intellect and also the level of learning that can be accomplished in college if you?re well-driven and have a good head on your shoulders!

Richard

In hindsight, there are several things that i see would have helped me in adjusting to college life. For one, the food. I would have made sure that I was used to less appetizing foods. But despite all that i could have prepared myself for, if I got the opportunity to go back and give myself advice, i would not take it. I believe that everything happens for a reason. If i had been better prepared then i would not have gained knowledge from the valuable experiences that i have had. For example, if i would have known that my roommate would be a bit talkative, i would not have learned how to deal with someone with a more chatty personality. Also, if i would have been aware of the lack of heat in the dorm rooms, i would not have learned how to be resourceful in desperate times. The experiences that i have been through in college have taught me more than i could have imagined; more than mother could have told, and more than a text book could have shown. I would not be who and where i am today had i not gone through what i have.

As cliche as this question may be, my response will probably be even more cliche, so beware. I believe that what I knew before coming to college was all that I needed to know. The way I see it is no amount of knowledge or warnings can prepare you for the college experience;. this is becasue every school is different , every individual is unique; therefore, an experience can never truely be taught or prepared for. In essence, i believe that an experience can only be understood by living that experience; college is the perfect example. Everything happens for a reason.

West Virginia Wesleyan College is best known for its outstanding Track and Field team. They have been region champions consecutively for five years. WVWC is also known for its acedemic competetiveness. When compared to other colleges in West Virginia, Wesleyan reamains one of the most acedemically challenging schools.

The atmosphere. The school is well kept up and the professors are always there for you. The majority of the students here are athletes and the professors are great at working with us. The class sizes are amazing and the quality of education is great as well.

Hello Senior year Ashley. I'm you from the future and I am here to give you some advise before you head into you college years. You are doing a great job so far, you work hard and stay focused on your studies and have really learned the importance of time management. Juggling swimming, dance, extra cirriucular activies, and keeping a 4.0 is going to help you so much in those first few years of college. I'm here to tell you not to forget everything you have learned. Keep using those time management skills, they are the key to your success in college. With swimming on a D2 varsity swim team and working on getting your BSN, free time is going to be hard to find if you don't get your work done when it is assigned. Ultimatly what I'm here to say is keep up the good work and when you get to school don't forget the person you are. Be an individual, stand up for what you believe in, and work hard at everything you do. If you do all of this you will succeed in your social and academic life.

Jamie

The best thing about my school is the size. There are such small class sizes, and the campus is so compact. Everyone knows each other on a personal level, and even the professors get to know their students by connecting with them in a way that is deeper than the traditional student teacher relationship.

The worst thing about my school for me is where it is located. I like the town decently, but there is not a whole lot to do. Also it is three hours away from my home town, so that is not so convenient for me, but all in all even though this is the worst quality, it isn't that bad. If I could pick the college up and move it within ten minutes from my house, I would say it was just about perfect.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself one important piece of advice. I would tell my self to stop worrying about what other people think. I know that this sounds very cliche and a little vague, but that is the most important advice I could give a high school senior getting ready to enter college. I know that my first semester of college, I was so wrapped up in and concerned over what the other people thought of me that I missed out on a lot of great opportunities. Had I taken the time to realize that everyone else was feeling the same way and so focused on their own lives, I would have enjoyed that semester a lot more. I would tell all high school seniors that no matter how it seems, nobody is staring at you, I promise. Forget about what everyone else might think, and enjoy college to the fullest. Take every opportunity that is thrown your way, because they might not come by twice.

Aaron

My classmates are very diverse, orginal, and athletic.

My classmates are very diverse, orginal, and athletic.

If I could go back and talk to myself in high school I would tell myself that the next few years of your life are going to be hard, exciting, and challenging. But dont give up on the dreams you have now, and keep those dreams close to you. Because when you come to college you will be challenged, tested, and critized. But because you are challenged you will become a stronger person and a mentally tougher individual. And college will instill in you, a work ethic, and sense of pride in yourself. So prepare yourself now to FAIL and FALL. But train your mind and body to get back up and keep running down that dream. God Bless and Good Luck in the future.

I feel that the best thing about West Virginia Wesleyan College, is that it is Academically respected. Last year it got rated the best college in the southeast. This is the best thing about WVWC because we are a very athletic college and our coaches clear down to our custodial staff take alot of pride in our academics and our successfulness as students rather than Athletics. Our professors are knowledgable, and very original they build everlasting bonds with us as students because we are small which helps us to succeed in our field of study.

West Virginia Wesleyan College is a small private college with great opportunity, exhibiting dedicated professors, a beautiful campus, and a friendly student body!

As a high school senior, I was extremely nervous about beginning my college career. I dreaded the idea of dormitories and cafeterias! I feared that the classes would be too difficult! Most of all, I feared that I would have no social life... When I arrived at college I DID find that both the dorm rooms and cafeteria food were poor; however, I soon realized that the people in those dorm rooms and that cafeteria were one of the greatest things that ever happened to me and would soon become my best friends. I also found college classes to be more engaging than that of high school; although I did have to work harder, I was finally beyond "busy work." Additionally, I quickly learned how to balance both an academic and social life, something I once thought to be impossible. Although college has its cons, the perks outweigh them. If bad cafeteria food is the price of obtaining great friends and immense knowledge, I'll pay! If I could give my high school self advice, it would be "BREATH GIRL! JUST CALM DOWN!! You'll be just FINE!"

The greatest attribute of West Virginia Wesleyan College is its small size. This quality creates a friendly and personal atmosphere that may not be achieved by larger campuses. Professors strive to know each student?s name and to engage students in classroom discussion; thus students are enabled to better learn their materials. Campus staff such as cafeteria and shop employees are also enabled to form relationships with students. This personal relationship, however, is not limited to faculty. Students exhibit immense respect and kindness due to their familiarity with one another. Such qualities conjunctively create a unique "homey" atmosphere.

Joanna

Study study study and no party party party

Study study study and no party party party

That the school was in a high level snow plain....

The filter systems for the heat not being clean and therefore causing me to cough..

West Virginia Wesleyan College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.