Western Illinois University

« See more reviews of Western Illinois University

The worst thing about Western Illinois University is the location. Macomb, Illinois is not the most fun place to have to live. The town consists of a couple grocery stores, some old fashioned diners and resturants, and...corn! Besides living in the middle of corn fields, Macomb really does not have much to offer. WIU takes up almost all of the population, and the only thing that ever seems to be going on are parties. Partying gets extremely old! Also, for people who love to shop, you are completely out of luck. There are no malls. Boring!

The worst thing about WIU is the roommate policy. Currently, students who have issues with their roommates have very few options to change their room situation. When I talked to my resident hall director, I was told even though my roommate had done many things he shouldn't have, such as drugs in the room and breaking my laptop, I would be the one who had to leave because I was the one with the problem. Since this, I have worked on a paper which I plan to turn into the housing department to change their policy.

The worst thing is the freshman/new student expectations. They require that at least one class, having nothing to do with your major, is taken. It is called a First Year Experience (FYE) Course and it feels like a waste of time by everyone including the teachers who know everyone's only in that class because they have to be. It feels like a big waste of money as well since I could have replaced that class with something admissable to my major.

The worst thing would be very similar to many other Universities; the drinking, drugs and choices that students are faced with on a daily basis. Although this can also be a good thing, it allows students to decipher their life, plans and decisions on their own. College is a time to grow and develop so with no obstacles in the way it would almost be too easy.

Everyone you talk to says that Western Illinois is such a big party school and that anyone that goes there drinks alcohol and does drugs. Being in the law enforcement program and Western i feel as though this hurts the reputation of our school because there are many other activities students participate in to have fun without doing alcohol or drugs.

I attend Western Illinois University at the Quad Cities Campus in Moline, Illinois. (This is not something bad.) However, I do not consider anything bad about this school. I have thouroughly enjoyed attending Western Illinois University! This location for WIU was not an option at the beginning of this survey.

Wow, this might be a hard question to answer considering I dont think there is nothing horribely wrong. The one thing I might comment about is the off campus surrounding area; it has a very country feel to it. For someone who is use to city life, this may seem like a downfall.

Westerns Reputation... We get the reputation of being a party school. When in reality not everyone parties. The reason you hear our school as one of the biggest party schools is because the partiers are really attention hungry and they get the attention of many people.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the lack of school spirit. Yes a lot of people go to the football games I guess you could say but other than that there is never anyone at the basketball games or volleyball games. Our sporting teams are not well known.

The only thing that is really bad about this school is that it is far away from most of the student's home towns. It feels like this school is out in the middle of nowhere. But other than that I think this school is the best school.