Western Michigan University

« See more reviews of Western Michigan University

A student who is willing to achieve academic prosperity and develop necessary skills for life. They don't necessarily have to know what they want to do, that is ok and completely normal. A person that goes here should be willing and feel the urge to research and find something they love to do; Western Michigan University does a great job with assisting with that. A person should also want to come here because they will also grow and find out more about themselves and others, to develop a strong, desirable personality for social and workplaces.

Well anyone really can attend this school as the requirements for admission are not very difficult. I would like to see more academically serious students attend who strive to learn more than what is required of them. The typical perception of Western is its appeal to the party life. As the administration has attempted to dislodge this perception, it lives on mostly due to its reputation in High Schools. After freshman year, students begin to realize its not as big as a party school as its cracked up to be.

the kind of person who attends this school should be someone who wants to get involved. you don't have to be in student government or anything, but join a club that you're interested in to continue with your passion and to meet new people! football games are a pretty big deal here (not as big as some other schools) but it definitely brings everyone together to show their school spirit. there is so much to do like go to shows at miller auditorium, movies at the little theatre, and concerts (AND MORE!)

A person who likes the large /party school. It is a fun place to be, but most of us take our careers and school seriously. This is not a place for overly conservative people. It is a very liberal and artsy campus. Our arts programs are among the best in the nation, which includes all performing and visual. We also have a very good aviation program. Western is a place for very social people who plan to be involved in their school.

Someone looking for a large school that doesn't have a hugely spread out campus. Someone who wants to go to one of the top schools in the U.S. with some of the best programs in Michigan. A blind student- Western has one of the best low vision studies programs of it's kind in the WORLD. International students because we are very diverse. A student interested in aviation because we have one of the best in the country.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be someone that is dedicated to their major or whatever is it that they want to do. They have to be hard working because although, Western Michigan is a fun school, you can easily get caught up in the fun and fall behind. Someone with an open mind about life should attend because college offers a lot of opportunities.

Since this school has a mainly walking campus, a person physically fit should attend. Also, anyone who wants to get an extremely varied and rich education should attend. Someone who does not exactly want to concentrate in one area of knowledge but develop many different areas will like this school. Great school for pilots and those bound for the science field.

I believe someone who is ready to be at a four year university. I started out at a community college, which for me was a great idea. I came from a very small high school, and I think the transition from high school to college when have been much harder if I had gone straight from high school to Western.

Both students who take their studies seriously and those who don't seem to find a way to get along here. There are some people who refuse to even read the assigned material yet there are plenty of resources for those who do intend to work hard and do well during and after their college experience.

I think anyone could fit in here at Western Michigan University. As a fine arts student, I think someone with a great work ethic and alot of patience would fit right in in the School of Music. There are so many opportunities here, and I think the average student would have so much fun here.