Western Michigan University

« See more reviews of Western Michigan University

The main focus at school is education with an emphasis on hardwork, preperation, and involvement. Hardwork is extremely important, in order to be successful in today's world hardwork is neccesity. This school also believes in real world preperation. Many opportunities are available for students to receive an internship or practicum. Another important aspect is involvement, including school activities and volunteering. Not only is a great education important to be successful but it is also important to give back to the community. If an individual is not looking for these opportunities, then this school may not be for them.

Do you RESIST moving to a lively college town with a name so cool it has its own song? CRINGE at the idea of meeting fun and interesting people from all over the world, and making friends you'll cherish your whole life long? RECOIL from the thought of learning new information and skills that will empower you to be a productive , financially successful professional? DETEST the notion that you'll look back at your college experience as absolutely the most engaging, amazing, and life-changing years of your life? If so, then Western Michigan University is NOT for you.

A type of person that should not attend Western Michigan University is a lazy person. Someone who does not have time for a lot of work or does not want to put any effort into their work. A person who waits until the last minute to do projects or assignments. You need to be committed to what you want to do with your life so that you can succeed instead of slack off and not care about what you are doing. Western is one of the best schools with the best facilities, so we need to use them very wisely.

Western Michigan University is well known for some established programs. Some of which include; Aviation, Business, Engineering, Teaching and the Health Sciences. There are plenty of career placement oppritunities for students who are interested in those fields of study. However, there are not many oppritunities in terms of students who choose majors outside of Western's specialties. Employment in the area is likely for business, engineering and health students.

A person should not attend this school if they are extremely serious about school. It does not take a lot to get into Western, and they should try to get into a more competitive and academically challenging school. A person should also not attend Western if they don't have any school spirit, or if they take life too seriously. Western is a very fun, friendly and welcoming campus that thrives on similar attitudes.

Student who should not attend western michigan university would be students who don't want to or believe in working hard. Students who think they can skid by like they did in highschool. Students who think if they go they can pass by doing the least amount of work as possible. Students who only want to attend for social reasons such as friends and parties.

Someone looking for a school close to home, a school not too big and not tiny. Most students here work in addition to attending school full time, and many have a very active social life; students who like to keep busy, be it with school, work, or social time. Lots of small classes are available, but usually you'll have one large lecture per semester.

You should not attend this school if your just looking for non-stop parties. Yes, we have our parties, but most of campus is very academically engaged. Our studies are very important. I strongly recommend this school if you are a minority or an international student as we have a strong minority and international student support system.

You shouldn't attend this school if you have a hard time balancing work and play. College is about taking responsiblity for your own education and if you can't handle that right away you would probably do better off at a smaller campus with a better support system or even by staying at home and going to a community college.

I don't think there is a specific person that can attend Western Michigan University. I believe that anyone that is willing to learn and get an education is capable of succeeding at Western. This university is very diverse and has something here for everyone!