Western Michigan University

« See more reviews of Western Michigan University

Western Michigan University has many qualities both good and bad. However, every school has both good and bad qualities and this is what makes them unique. If I had to pick something frustrating about my school then I would be cutting down some unique qualities that make Western Michigan University the school that it is. I believe that every quality about any school is there for a reason and can help a person learn whether they realize it or not. I can not pick a quality because I have learned from all of my schools qualities, both good and bad..

i think the most frustrating thing about our school is the academic advisors. from my personal experience, i know that they don't always have the best interest in the students, and because of them i have to attend another entire year of school because when they made my schedule for my first semester of school they failed to put me in a class that is a prerequisite for my major and is only offered in the fall. grrrrr.

The most frustrating thing about my school is probably the hold system. They can put a hold on your account for almost anything; if it's financial aid, its really hard to get past. They expect you to have whatever it is they need to be able to take the hold off of your account, and sometimes, you don't, especially when its money. They don't tend to be very flexible in these situations either.

Lack of assistance when I had a dissability. Getting from one building one one side of the campus to the other in the middle of the winter with a non-walking cast. Also, I do not feel that they school properly prepared me to go into a classroom. They gave me a very generic education which was more intersted in teaching me how to create lesson plans than to cope with real life situations.

The most frustrating thing that I have found about the university of Western Michigan is only a few small things such as the how much it rains all the time ,and that if you transferred into the university you have to run around the campus to the different departments to get the approval of the department to get full credit on the transcipts.

Sometimes the dispursements of financial aid come at odd or inconvenient times, so that buying books or school supplies can't happen until one or two weeks into the semester. Also, in some majors, classes needed to graduate are only offered one semester out of the year.

The dorm and dining hall system. It has the perk of locking in your rate so you never have to worry about changes in your college budget, but the food is not vegetarian-friendly or very good at all and the housing is not great for how much you already would be paying.

the school activities are not well advertised and it is hard to find out when club meeting are taking place. i wanted to join a few clubs but i could not find out when the meetings where and when i did find out, i felt it was too late into the semester to join.

The most fustrating thing about Western Michigan University is that it is locted pretty close to Lake Michigan so we have horrible, cold, long winters. Which also means that we have to track through the snow to go to our classes for about 3 to 4 months.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the work and the time between each assignment. We have a week to do each assignment or test and the next week it's new material. I believe that's the most frustrating thing about my school.