Western Michigan University

« See more reviews of Western Michigan University

What I enjoy about Western Michigan University the most is: We have a learning environment that incorporates case studies, research papers; a high amount of team projects, which are used to simulate real world situations, and challenging work. The professors teach the material, but at the same time they also expect you to learn on your own, forming responsibility on the students end. My school surely has a competitive learning environment. On the flip-side Western also has a very thrilling party scene. This is credited to the hard schoolwork done; in general, we work as hard as we play.

The faculty and staff here are interested in my success. They have really encouraged me toward academic development. Growing academically has helped me pursue a degree in a field that really is my best fit. My interactions with the faculty here have allowed me to know how I can personally relate my individuality and experiences to what I am learning in my classes. The faculty and staff here know that, when I am working in a career, I will be more successful doing something I am skilled at when I truly enjoy the work tasks.

Western Michigan is a good transitional school. I was very used to a small town and it helped me adjust to "city" living easily. The campus is always improving and my best experience was with the professors I had. They were so passionate about what they were teaching that it actually made me consider teaching at a higher level once I had career experience under my belt. The school was immensely helpful in helping me find my path and making sure it was truly the right thing for me.

The best thing about my school is that it helps students who travels on the bus. If you do not have a car, you get to travel on the bus for free. The bus fare is included in the school fee. When you travekl on public transportation, all you have to do is show your school id. Sometimes, you have to travel to more than one campus. They have buses the bring you to the different campuses they have. In addition, if you live on campus, their buses will drop you off at home.

WMU is a medium sized state school so there are 5 diferennt colleges and a lot of things to do, a sourrounded by a great surbrerban area that is growing. Kalamazoo has lots of unique places and aspects to it that make socal life fun. but i think the best thing about campus is that it is small enough where no mater what day it is, when i am on campus i usually pass someone i know or have had class with, so keeps the morral personal and fun while at school.

The best thing about Western Michigan University Is its size. It is a fairly large school so there will always be new people to meet. However, the college still manages to give you individuality, there are many student organizations, clubs and programs that student can join. This helps make the college feel like it was made for you. Everyone can find a extracurricular activity here. Its also a great way to meet new people and make friends.

I came here for the music program, I'm a music voice major. The comradery found in the school of music is unlike any other department on campus. Their is a sense of community and friendship that you don't find in many of the other majors. The fine arts department is very unique becuase we are one of the rare schools that actually has an excelling jazz program. WMU turns out many professional musicians who go on to have great careers.

I consider the best thing about my school to be the people. I have made some of the best friends in the world, and I never feel judged when walking around the campus. I never feel as though I am not good enough, and if I ever need to ask for help, I know that somebody will do so. Everyone is ridiculously helpful and friendly, and I could not have asked for a better first year, with (hopefully) many more to follow.

I actually have not attended school here yet. I'm going to be a transfer student this coming year for 2010-2011. But what I would say Iike best about what I've seen in my visit and heard from others is how great their psychology program is. They have one of the top programs in the state and I'm excited to experience it. Also, the staff is very friendly and welcoming. I just feel at home there.

The best thing about WMU is that it's a pretty big campus, but it feels like a small campus. There are so many people and places that fit in with your interests and yet if you want to get away from all of that for a bit it's as easy as heading to the other side of campus. You really meet great people at Western and the facilities are magnificent for whatever you plan on going into.