Wheaton College-Wheaton

« See more reviews of Wheaton College-Wheaton

I love Wheaton. After my freshman year I was very cynical of the place and liked to criticize it, but no college is perfect. I love Wheaton’s traditions and rivalries within the school between different dorms, class, and teams. Also, I feel like Wheaton does a good job of unintentionally teaching all of its students that not everything always goes their way.

Wheaton is awesome! I'd encourage you to spend a connection weekend on campus if you are still interested. A connection weekend is when juniors and seniors can spend the night at one of the dorms for a night and hang out and experience a day in the life of Wheaton. Also, you can go around the campus and stop by some classrooms for a class or two.

Wheaton College is in the small suburb of Wheaton, about 40 minutes outside downtown Chicago by train. Its so easy to get into the city and enjoy all that has to offer. The suburbs also offer their own charm. Getting off campus is great, but not necessary if your a freshman without a car. Explore Wheaton itself- lots to offer!

It's very stressful sometimes due to the amount of work and the expected quality. Nevertheless, I absolutely love it. Our professors are absolutely wonderful. The food's pretty good. God is at the center of everything in Wheaton, and this makes your friendships and life in general very nice. That's about it.

Only go to this school if you're sure that you won't change. When I applied, I was a goodie-two-shoes perfect virgin, Christian little woman. Now I'm not, and it's making this place a lot more difficult. Only sign the Community Covenant if you really want to live by it.

The community is tight-knit, but is not too small. The academics are very strong and the facilities are excellent. It has the best college food in the nation and freshmen dorms are good quality and equal to those of upperclassmen. Wheaton is firmly Christian-based.

Overall, I love Wheaton. It's a screwed-up place, but that's because we live in a screwed-up world. However, we have good people here, and we're trying our best. If you're willing to put up with the seemingly monastic lifestyle, it's worth a shot.

While Wheaton may come accross as a horrible college environment, one must take into account the strong religious affiliations and convictions of the student body and remember that we all knew (and supported) what we were getting into.

The community aspect of life here is incredible. If you take the time to invest in others, you will be rewarded in so many ways. People truely care about you and want you to develop and grow.

The emphasis upon academic proficiency is heavy at Wheaton, and professors are eager to build students rather than simply teach them without concern for the development of that learning.