Whitworth University

« See more reviews of Whitworth University

We need more schools like Whitworth University that have people of color who lead the march to end racism and racist actions on campus so that we can all feel vital and we can all feel important. In Undoing Racism we are about changing institutions so that it is more inclusive, not only about us, but about our rich cultures and traditions being incorporated into institutional practices, which is what schools like Whitworth University are about. They walk the walk. They don't just TALK about change. They are about the change that creates fully inclusion. Love education now.

The thing I loved about Whitworth was everything. I loved the campus and the people were so friendly. From the first time I visted Whitworth I felt accepted. THe classes are a perfect size and the subjects and topics discussed are applicible to life in the real world. Whitworth encourages their students to be involved in the community and to care about issues going on in the world. Professors at Whitworth enjoy spending time with their students and truely care about how they are doing.

The best thing about Whitworth University is its ability to committ to christianity but at the same time be open to new ideas outside of religion. I have found that Whitworth is accepting of people and ideas that may differ from the norm. This however, is necessary because there are so many different ideas in society today that it is important for each and every one of them be accepted. Whitworth does a wonderful job of doing just that.

The community at Whitworth is amazing. Each dorm has such spirit and pride as shown in the traditional yell-off and mock-rock contests at the beginning of each year and the students really care about one another. People will smile and say have a nice day even if they don't actually know you, and everyone holds doors open for each other. I've met such incredible and caring people at Whitworth and I feel blessed to know them all.

The availability of the professors and the connection with the students. Being a Christian Existentialist I was a little worried about fitting in at a christian school, but I recieved very little blow back from the students. During one chapel I spoke as a student teacher and layed out some of my beliefs. the pastor came up to me afterwards and told me how my views reflected his in a lot of ways. It was nice.

The small classroom and small community feeling makes you instantly feel welcome on campus. The community is amazing, I feel like everyone around me is part of my family and I love them all. My peers and professors are amazing people that inspire me on a daily basis. I know these people will always be there for me in my life and I can do the same for them.

The strength of the community at Whitworth University is one of the best things... the support for growth of faith, too. Professors that want more from you and want to get to know you, they love hanging out with college students and make time to sit and talk about random things. The strength of faculty's desie for their students to succeed

The best thing about my school is the desire to ask questions without worrying immediately about the answer. This allows students to ask questions that are off the wall and strange, but are acknowledged and valued. I also love the BIg 3 rules on campus that allow students to make more decisions based upon their own moral standards.

The best thing about my school is that it is very community oriented. Upon arriving on campus, there is a sense of a community of various people of differing social attitudes being built together. The leadershlip and the facutly encourage the building of relationships that are positive and allow a person to grow and succeed.

Everything. We have awesome professors that really know what they are teaching and that makes our academics really good and our coaches are amazing so we have really strong top rated sports in the nation! Also our president is wonderful and knows each student by name and is always supporting everything we do!