William Rainey Harper College

« See more reviews of William Rainey Harper College

Most students here are just trying to get out, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But most of the time you find kids that are just there because it is cheap and they are waiting to transfer to a four year college. Most of the students here are like everywhere else, friendly. We have a very diverse student population and even kids from other countries. Walking down the hall you can always see many different races. I have an Albanian friend and a Puerto Rican friend and so many other friends. Most of the students here are just from Harper's backyard of Cook County, but you can find some from the surrounding states. Politically speaking, you can find anyone here. Same goes for religion. Harper doesn't really single anyone out or make anyone feel left out. If you have a belief, great. If you don't, that is great too.

Students that go here vary in age between fresh out of high school and adult. All students are commuters because it's a community college. It's kind of difficult to meet people because a lot of them are very "in and out", however, it's not impossible. Everyone's nice, but it could take some effort getting to know new people.

My classmates come in a broad range of ages, because I am in a community college but I think it helps bring many view points to each class.

Most of my classmates are determined and very competitive, providing a fertile ground for a more active learning atmosphere.

Everyone is diverse and past the whole high school drama and clicks, it's great.

Some of my classmates are motivated to learn, others are apathetic to education.

My classmates are an array of true individuals.

Open to meet new people and make friends.