How to Apply and Qualify for Entrepreneurship Scholarships?
Entrepreneurship scholarships inspire and support you to start your own business. Entrepreneurs are great for the economy. So many sources want to see the next generation succeed.
Of the ones you find, some may be for business majors. People who want to be their own boss and start their own business one day. There are other scholarships that reward innovators, leaders and self-starters with a business plan regardless of your major.
Since these scholarships are so different, expect each one to have their own rules. They will have eligibility rules and details on how to apply for the scholarship.
Also, some entrepreneurship scholarships will have a GPA minimum, specific area of study, and require a business plan. They may also ask you for a resume, references and letter of good standing from your college.
Then there are scholarships where you have to write an essay. This helps to explain your business plan or start up idea. Also, they can ask you what motivates you to get it off the ground.
Each year The University Network (TUN) awards The Business Plan $1000 scholarship to one aspiring entrepreneur. It aims to encourage thoughtful entrepreneurship, and get young people thinking about how to create a realistic business plan that could become a major project for them to realize.
Overall, follow the scholarship and essay guidelines. Proof-read, edit and express your thoughts in a clear manner.
Why Scholarships are Important to Apply for?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the number of self-employed workers should go up to 10.3 million by 2026. And, that many self-employed workers have jobs that need a bachelor’s or graduate degree.
If this is your goal, an entrepreneurship scholarship may be useful. It’s considered as “free” financial aid that will offset the cost of tuition and other expenses.
Entrepreneurship scholarships might also enable you to turn your business idea into a real venture and gain a foothold in your industry. You will gain experience and jump start your career.
List of Entrepreneurship Scholarships
To help you narrow your search, here is a list of entrepreneurship scholarships that you might apply. You can also take our Scholarship Match Quiz to find ones that line up with your personal goals and major.
- Athletic Scholarships
- College-Specific Scholarships
- Company-Sponsored Scholarships
- Grants for College
- Merit-Based Scholarships
- Military Scholarships
- Minority Scholarships
- Our Scholarships
- Religious Scholarships
- Scholarship Contests & Sweepstakes
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Scholarships for High School Students
- Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
- Weird Scholarships
- $1,500 - I Have a Dream Scholarship
- $10,000 - Unigo $10K Scholarship
- $1,500 - Sweet and Simple Scholarship
- $2,500 - Superpower Scholarship
- $3,000 - All About Education Scholarship
- $1,500 - Fifth Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Do-Over Scholarship
- $1,500 - Flavor of the Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Make Me Laugh Scholarship
- $1,500 - Shout It Out Scholarship
- $2,000 - Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship
- $5,000 - Education Matters Scholarship
- $1,500 - Top Ten List Scholarship