What are Monthly Scholarships?
Monthly scholarships are contests that allow you to enter every month. Often, they pick winner(s) for each monthly deadline, rather than on an annual basis.
There are two ways to win a monthly scholarship. One is through a random drawing. The other, when panel judges vote for your stand-out entry.
How to Apply for a Monthly Scholarship
To apply for a monthly scholarship can be as simple as creating a free user profile. All you do is fill out your contact info on the provider site. Name, email, age, citizenship and so on.
These ‘scholarships’ have the look and feel of sweepstakes. Enter to win. And do so often to improve your odds.
For others you may need to submit something. Like a short essay on a certain topic. It can be a video or proof of community service too.
DoSomething.org offers a few that also call for action. You could win $2,500 for sharing a guide to keep a friend safe on the road.
You can also put Unigo’s Monthly Scholarship on your calendar. Easy to apply to. Just answer a question in 250 words or less.
Yet other sources ask for your GPA, references, and goals. These select from a pool using merit as a guide.
One such award comes from LA Tutors. The Innovation in Education Scholarship. If eligible, to win $500 you need at least a 3.0 GPA. You also have to submit an essay and a reference.
Varsity Tutors is another. They offer twelve awards – one per month. Perfect your creative writing skills and enter to win.
Why Consider Monthly Scholarships?
Winning a monthly scholarship is free money for college. True, they often pay $500, $1,000, or above. Not quite the cost of college tuition. But plenty for extras.
Take the price of books and supplies (printer, laptop, pens). As an undergrad, these may set you back around $1,263 per year.
The proceeds could also pay for travel, meals, your phone bill or whatever you choose. These expenses cost about $3,025 per year. Plus, you can still apply for Federal Aid and other scholarships that pay larger sums.
Five more reasons to apply:
- You can apply for many at the same time
- Bookmark the form page and apply each month
- Your grades do not always matter
- Application forms are short
- If you win a prize, you can add that to a resume or CV
Top 11 Monthly Scholarships for 2020
Make easy college money by winning these monthly scholarships. They are quick to enter and ask you to fill out a short form. Better your odds by applying to more than one!
- Athletic Scholarships
- College-Specific Scholarships
- Company-Sponsored Scholarships
- Grants for College
- Merit-Based Scholarships
- Minority Scholarships
- Our Scholarships
- Scholarship Contests & Sweepstakes
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Scholarships for High School Students
- Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
- Weird Scholarships
- $1,500 - I Have a Dream Scholarship
- $10,000 - Unigo $10K Scholarship
- $1,500 - Sweet and Simple Scholarship
- $2,500 - Superpower Scholarship
- $3,000 - All About Education Scholarship
- $1,500 - Fifth Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Do-Over Scholarship
- $1,500 - Flavor of the Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Make Me Laugh Scholarship
- $1,500 - Shout It Out Scholarship
- $2,000 - Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship
- $5,000 - Education Matters Scholarship
- $1,500 - Top Ten List Scholarship