Are There Scholarships for Short People?
Scholarships for being short often fall under the category of “unusual”. That said, if you are short and no taller than 4'10" in height, you may qualify.
Some scholarships are open to all college students with a medically diagnosis of dwarfism. You can also have family members who are dwarfs.
Dwarfism is a recognized condition under the Americans with Disabilities Act. So, there may be scholarships for students with disabilities that you might apply for as well.
But as most scholarships do not have height restrictions, you might find you qualify for many more. And you can search ones that line up with your college major, chosen career or talents.
For each type of scholarship there tend to be rules about who is eligible. Common criteria include an acceptable GPA or proven financial need.
You may also need to send reference letters that speak about your character. And, a personal essay that highlights your goals once you graduate.
Little People of America organization provides support and information to people of short stature and their families. There are two different Unigo for undergraduate and graduate students. The awards range from $250 to $1000. Eligible applicants must be a LPA member who is diagnosed with dwarfism or has a family member with dwarfism.
Why Consider Scholarships for Being Short?
Scholarships for short people may be useful if your goal is to pursue a four year degree.
According to the Unigo, the cost of college is on the rise. For tuition, fees, room, and board the price tag is about $17,237. If you attend a public college.
Once you graduate, a college degree may boost your lifetime earnings.
Current data from the Unigo show that bachelor’s prepared workers earn about $1,198 per week. That’s $468 more per week than those with a high school diploma.
Check out our list of scholarships for being short below.
- Athletic Scholarships
- College-Specific Scholarships
- Company-Sponsored Scholarships
- Grants for College
- Merit-Based Scholarships
- Military Scholarships
- Minority Scholarships
- Our Scholarships
- Religious Scholarships
- Scholarship Contests & Sweepstakes
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Scholarships for High School Students
- Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
- Weird Scholarships
- $1,500 - I Have a Dream Scholarship
- $10,000 - Unigo $10K Scholarship
- $1,500 - Sweet and Simple Scholarship
- $2,500 - Superpower Scholarship
- $3,000 - All About Education Scholarship
- $1,500 - Fifth Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Do-Over Scholarship
- $1,500 - Flavor of the Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Make Me Laugh Scholarship
- $1,500 - Shout It Out Scholarship
- $2,000 - Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship
- $5,000 - Education Matters Scholarship
- $1,500 - Top Ten List Scholarship