Academy of Art University

« See more reviews of Academy of Art University

It's a business. San Francisco is one of most expensive places to live, but the owners of the school are taking advantages. Room, board and tuition fees pile up and then they add on random expences that aren't nessary. They have a 100% enrollment rate, whcich allows for anyone interested in the shcool to attend, as long as they have the money. I'm all for giving everyone getting an opportunity but increased attendance (most students stay only a few semesters) cause crowed classes and uneducated teachers being brought in. They treat as like customers, not students.

The worst thing about AAU in my opinion is that because of the weak acceptance policy, there is no form of selection of students into the school. In my short time there I have noticed many students straight out of high school are there because of the fact that there was no portfolio or essay needed to be considered for acecptance and their parents could mierly pay their way into colloege. While I am fully supportive of the "Everyone deserves an opportunity to be creative" theory, I believe AAU could change their policy and strengthen their student body.

The worst thing about my school is just getting information at times. A case in point is when one of the leading teachers for my major left and just trying to find out when a new person would take over the department was daunting. Students were given different stories and we began to worry that the job would not be filled and that we were falling behind with the substitute teacher they had. Schools should always remember that the students are paying to be there and that they are very concerned about what's happening in their department.

Besides being really expensive, the shuttle bus system. The school is spread out in different parts of the city. Although there is an extensive shuttle system in place for students, there still aren't enough shuttle buses to accomodate the increasing number of students each semester. Oftentimes I have to wait for a second or third bus, and when I do get on, students are standing shoulder to shoulder. Because some required classes are in different buildings, it is important to improve the shuttle system for students.

I have studied my school for the last year and I can't find anything wrong with the school. The admitting staff has been there for me any time I had a question, they have inspired me that I can do it. I have spent a whole year looking at online schools and this school has been the most attentive to my needs. I value that a whole lot because I went to a school before where I was just another number on there books. This school is private and does not advertise a whole lot. That makes a difference.

The school is incredibly expensive and having to pay for that every couple of months has put a huge strain on my father's finances and that in turn has put strain on me. My father has been especially hard on me to do especially well in my classes because of the large amount of money he has to pay to have me attend classes at the university. I have greatly enjoyed my classes, but my father's lack of faith in my ability to do well, stems from the amount of money he has to pay for my classes.

The worst thing about my school of choice is the fact that it is in downtown San Francisco and it is very expensive for me to be able to attend campus classes physically. Living expenses are very high and it is difficult to find funding to be able to just live while going to school to get the degree I have always wanted. It's unfortunate that it is so hard for someone to just be able to get the degree of their own choice instead of just a business degree to get by in their career.

The worst thing about my school is worrying about how to pay for it. It is not the most expensive school out there, but if you aren't willing to give it your all, don't waste the money. AAU will get you to where you want to go and beyond ( I have seen the proof), but you must work hard and really want it. If you are passionate and hard working, you can make it, as long as you can financially keep yourself there., and if you love what you do, you will find a way.

While the Academy of Art has its flaws and may not be perfect, the worst thing about this school is probably the president. Right now she is not running this school so well for so many things. One is not paying the faculty enough which can resort to them leaving for a better paying job or not caring for students, it happens. That is only one of many things that make our president not good and were paying good money to attend this school.

The worst thing about school would have to be some of the students there. The faculty and teachers all seem to be very good at what they do, very professional and motivated to teach us about the subjects they love, but it's some students there that make the learning environment less alive, less enjoyable. I just wish that some people who go to classes, would get out of the mindset of a highschooler and transition into an adult.