Academy of Art University

« See more reviews of Academy of Art University

I would say that financial aid is where my school lacks. I was barely able to amke it in this year, and I am terrified that the tuition will rise again. I feel like the school does not consider students with a poverty background, nor do they consider students without any co-signers for loans. The school gets so much money every year per student, and yet it barely returns any of that money to the students in financial need.

We don't really have a student union. Sometimes it can be hard to meet new people. A lot of the time your social life will suffer because of the intensity of this school. You can't come here thinking you're going to experiment around trying to find out what you're going to do with your life ? because majors start right up with important information, and credits don't really transfer between majors.

The only bad thing I can think of about the Academy of Art is how expensive it is. It makes it either impossible to afford or nerver racking when thinking about the debt that's consistently accruing. Also, the field I'm in is heavily involved with software, which is always changing and updating itself, and therefore is always expnesive. Aside from expense, though, the Academy is a great place.

The only thing about my school that I would change is the prices for tuition. It is insane to pay over $2000 for one class; and that doesn't include supplies which can add another $500. It's worth it for my amazing education, but some of us are in the lower income range and there aren't many scholarships offered by the school; in fact there's just one.

The worst thing about the school is that there is only one school located in San Francisco, California so students from other states would have a longer distance to travel from home to go to school but the good thing about the location of the school is that San Francisco is a very artsy city so its a good environment for artists to be in.

The students who apply and attend this school are not academics and therefore are not fit to learn in a college environment. People are consistently late and some go MIA halfway through the year. The teachers are wonderful but the students don't deserve to be taught so well. In short the faculty is overqualified for their position.

I think that the worst thing about the Academy of Art University is that there are not enough scholarship opportunities given by the school for its current and upcoming students. Many artistic and creative people would love to have the chance to attend this school but unfortunately, because of financial reasons, they are not able too.

The amount of money they ask for tuition is insanely high. Plus as I have been seeing recently that money is being used on recreational things like basketball courts, skate parks, and baseball. Thing is not many use those facilities. Plus there seems to be a lot of unnecessary charges which have been running my wallet empty.

The time you spend getting to know the school. There are soo many departments and people that you need to keep in contact with to have a full idea of whats going on at the school. Once you have your "hold" on a few good people in the school, you can get any of your questions answered, or get directed to the right person.

The prices for tuition, supplies and cost of living is high for any low to middle income families. If students do not have a strong finiancial background or have not been informed about outside sources to help pay for college other than loans, they may end up accumulating high levels of students loans.