Academy of Art University

« See more reviews of Academy of Art University

The school was very good at letting me know about everything before I got there. I highly reccommend taking their pre-colledge summer program. It really helped me decide what I wanted to do. It helped me see if art was really for me and most importantly, it opened my eyes to just how many careers you can persue through the majors they offered. I wish they told me they didn't accept credits from other colledges and universities after you started attending their though, or else I may have taken a few course at comunity college.

First of all, I wish I knew how fast each semester would go before I knew that I would be graduating. I wish I knew how valuable everything the school had was, and that I should have taken advantage of it sooner. I also wish I had a better academic plan and knew more of what type of field I wanted to major in, and of how much research of my field I would need to do to fully understand more of what is going on in the field that I choose.

I wish I had known this school exsisted. It offers online education with video and the majors are BA. One of the schools I had thought about attending for Graphic Arts and Illustration offers only BS degrees. I am not a wiz at math so that had stopped me from my education. If I had known about this school I would of started here a long time ago. Perhaps it was not online as of yet. So I am grateful for the technology we have.

I wish I had known about the fact that once you get into this school you can't get credit from community college or any other college to add as your credit. I was hoping to take some classes in a community college to add some credits and save money but ones I found out that it doesn't work that way it just made me mad. Also I wish I knew how to pick my classes in the being, the school isn't very helpful to new comers.

I wish I had known how to be more sociable before I entered college. When you're in a new city, in a new school, in a new place to call home it gets lonely without friends to spend time with, to call up, to lean on. If I could I would have told myself to open up a little, and perhaps learn to shut my mouth before anything innapropriate fell out.

My major is Fashion Design, and i wish i learned to sew before i came here. I had a sewing class this past semester and it was a real challenge. I do like a challenge, i only wish i knew more technique, so i can be ahead of the game and be able to follow really easily. I will just have to keep practicing for next year.

I came to this school as a transfer student. I'm actually very glad that I did, because my previous school was film based and the Academy is digital based. I am really glad that I had the traditional base for my photography education before jumping right into the digital world.

Just more about the city itself. This school offers great options to futher yourself in the city (and out) weither you are in the dorms or not the school offers transportation from school building to school buildings so its not so easy to get lost in the city.

How expensive the city and tuition is, how expensive printing can become; I wish I knew some of my graphic tools a little more proficiently so I could work more expediently, networking is the most important tool you'll ever need to find opportunities.

I am in the process of applying, I would have liked to known how many hours per week would be part time student and how many hours would be considered full time. I would also like to know if I am able to choose a minor along side of my major.