Auburn University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Auburn University

Sara

It is the best place to be. Everyone is so kind, and the campus is beautiful.

Annie

I have visited Auburn University in February of 2020. I was there for their honor band program and was greeted by the current students and professors. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful when I was lost since the campus was huge. I enjoyed my stay that week and enjoyed the interactions I made. I have actually befriended the flute professor at Auburn and we still keep in touch. She is extremely nice and helpful when I was looking into colleges and scholarships. I am very pleased with the overall school and loved my visit!

As a student athlete, my experience was a bit more intense than some, but I still had plenty of fun opportunities to integrate into the campus community outside of my sport! Looking back, I am extremely thankful that I made the decision to attend Auburn! The campus is beautiful and compact, my professors were kind and helpful, and the "Auburn family" environment on game day is like no other. Love the school, love the spirit. War Eagle!

Bryana

Auburn is a great school to meet people and be able to find yourself and who you are. Auburn is a college town and there are over 25,000 people in undergrad, but you are always able to see someone you know walking around campus. The teachers care and know you, especially in the upper level classes where you're more likely to go to their office hours and say hello. There is a good amount of greek life (about 40%) but it's not the typical stereotypes since the sororities do not have houses and they are all always mingling in between houses. The main reason I attended Auburn is because of how nice everyone is here and that has held true through my four years.

Autumn

I love being a part of the Auburn family. There are plenty of resources to help out with classes. Everyone is helpful and friendly. The campus is lovely and pretty easy to navigate. They recently got bikes that any student can check out to get to far away classes quickly. The only thing I get irritated with is the difficulty in parking. It is definitely easier to take the transit bus instead of my car.

Shia

Auburn University has an extremely beautiful campus, which is perfect for nature lovers like me. The beauty of nature is obvious when visiting Auburn University. The variety trees, the crystal blue ponds, the scurrying wild animals, and the vibrant flowers are stunning. What I truly love about Auburn University campus is the sense of tranquility in the air. There are many activities on campus, but it is still a very peaceful environment, and it is very easy for me to find a place to relax outside.

Auburn is a great school to attend, it is full of so many kind people and there is always something to do on campus. Academics are always a priority, however, and while classes can be challenging, they're manageable, but don't expect to not put in any hard work because that is what Auburn believes in.

Tucker

Auburn is a great place to be! You get the feel of a small private school due to the tight nit campus, but you also get the big SEC school sports! I definitely do not regret my decision of attending Auburn. The football team, basketball, baseball, and softball teams are all pretty good and should be even better for the 2018-2019 seasons!

Sydney

Auburn University is a FAMILY. No matter where you are, there is someone who you will meet that will respond to and echo your "War Eagle!". The professors are excellent, the culture is fun, open-minded, and safe, and there are so many resources available to make your college experience incredible! Campus itself is beautiful and kept up well, with improvements steadily rolling in. There are plenty of things to get involved in, in such a variety that there is literally something for EVERYONE to do, no matter what you're interested in. Athletics are a big part of Auburn, but it's nice that we have more to cheer for than just football or basketball. All sports and athletes are given so much love. As you can tell, I really love Auburn. It's one big AUBURN FAMILY and that family atmosphere is mirrored in every aspect of this university. Come to Auburn, you won't be disappointed!

Dakota

I absolutely love Auburn University. My favorite thing about it is the campus, it is gorgeous. The overall atmosphere of Auburn is spectacular, everything from game day weekends to free concerts, it's all great! The only thing I would complain about is how small of a town the campus is actually in, I just wish there was more stuff to do off campus. But Auburn University is a great experience, the professor actually care about you, a variety of food options, many organizations to participate in, highly encourages every student to be involved, and just overall a wonderful school that has a great football team.

Ashleigh

The environment is one of the friendliest I've ever encountered! Class size varies based on the class which is great! The dining options are great! There are so many opportunities available to the students, it's easy to find a place to fit in. Auburn feels like home.

Breanna

I'm a sophomore and while I think the academics at Auburn are fine, the town itself is so small I feel incredibly claustrophobic. I'm transferring next year.

Brianna

Auburn is a great university. It does have its flaws, like constant construction work being done, but it offers amazing academics and opportunities to its students. Most professors I have found will do anything they can to help you succeed and build your path to whatever career you want to have. There is also a warm and igniting family feel to the campus as well as from the Auburn fans, alumni, and supporters, auburn defineilty becomes a home away from home.

Carrington

*To the tune of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air Theme Song* Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down. And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there; I'll tell you how I really feel about my schoolin' over there. At Auburn University studying away, the library is where I spend most of my days. The campus is beautiful, the people are great, and everyone loves Toomer's lemonade. When I first walked on campus, I was really scared, but then I saw that everyone really cared. I got a warm welcome from the students there, and then I felt better; I wasn't moving anywhere! I had to get used to being away, but Auburn became my home, and I went about my day. I went to my classes and got a football ticket, said, "I was raised a Bama fan, but might as well kick it!" First year, yo this ain't so bad. All these awesome classes and challenges. Is this what Auburn students are livin' like? Hm, this is alright! My only complaint is I wish there was more healthy food; the Freshman Fifteen is real, dude. If anything, I could say the fast food's okay, but I'd really like to have some Yoplait! I can't wait to go back around the 7th or 8th and yell to my parents, "Yo home, see ya later!" Look at my campus, I'm happy to be back, move in quick, 'cause there's no time to slack!

Amy

I have enjoyed my experience as a student at Auburn University so far. I am pursuing my doctoral degree and am primarily taking online courses due to the fact that I work full-time and also have a family including a 6-year-old son. The faculty in my program of study has been great to work with. They are always available to help when needed and are understanding to the needs of an adult learner who juggles work, school, and family life. I have taken some great courses that promote critical thinking and challenge me to think beyond my own experiences and knowledge. I have also learned a lot from my instructors as well as my peers in the classroom. One area I would recommend Auburn University improving is their services and programming for online students outside the classroom. The Graduate School seems to offer many great programming opportunities for students, but there aren’t ever any opportunities for online students to take advantage of them. They are always offered during the day as well which leaves out students who work full-time. I have also seen some offerings from the Career Center that would be nice to take advantage of, but again they are not extended to online students. It would be relatively easy to transfer some of these programs to the online environment so that all students can benefit. I do have to say every office I’ve been in contact with on the administrative side (e.g., registrar, medical clinic, graduate school) has given me extremely good customer service. Everyone I’ve talked to has been super nice and tried their best to help as much as they could. War Eagle!

D'Andrea

Auburn University is THE place where you want to be! I call this place home for a reason, and that reason is because once you get on campus you feel that welcoming/ loving feeling and that feeling is a feeling that you get when you are at home. Now I'm not going to lie, taking classes here isn't a "walk in the park". These are some challenging classes so get to know your professor and also your classmates. Oh! and by the way the parties here are lit!!!!

Auburn is a big school with a small school feel. The first two years of basic classes can be tough- especially in the Math and Science department. There are numerous study groups and tutoring opportunities though. There are some wonderful professors, and those are worth seeking out if possible. On campus housing is limted, and the nicer dorms are extremely expensive. However, I recommend living on campus your first year to be right in the middle of activities and to be close to the library for studying. Football weekends are a great deal of fun, and most things are within walking distance. War Eagle!

Jada

My Auburn experience has been almost perfect so far! If you get the right professors and stay focused it is very easy to do well on The Plains. Everyone is super friendly and it really is like being in one big family. I can't stress how important it is to research your professors. When I had good professors this semester I did very well but my not so great professors were difficult to work with no matter how hard I tried. But overall Auburn is phenomenal and you will love living, learning, and being involved here. WAR EAGLE!

Madison

As an out of state student whose first choice was Auburn, I can confidently say that Auburn is my home. Auburn University is steeped in tradition, such as rolling the oak trees at Toomer's Corner after a win, or greeting fellow fans and alumni with "War Eagle!" The Auburn Fam are devoted football fans, so fall weekends are always an experience. If you're not a sports fan, Auburn is just as enthusiastic about our marching band. Greek life is abundant here, as are opportunities for volunteer work, study abroad, and internships. Like the Auburn Creed states, "I believe in Auburn and love it."

Natalie

There's a place for pretty much everyone here. Teachers and staff are really hit or miss, but it's a pretty rewarding feeling to get an A in any class. Staff have really let me down since I changed majors. People are generally nice and will leave you alone if that's what you want. There aren't as many great events on campus as there used to be.

Symbol

Auburn University is an amazing college! When I first visited Auburn, my tour guide said that Auburn is the "friendliest college", and she was right. The people at Auburn are the most kind, caring, and loving people you will ever meet. If you come to Auburn University, you will see what southern hospitality is really about. Wherever you walk, there is always going to be a person that smiles and waves at you. There is no such thing as talking to a stranger at Auburn, because we are all a family. I am so blessed to be apart of such a beautiful family. I cannot imagine myself being anywhere else. Auburn is the perfect place for me. Just like the last line in the Auburn creed states, "I believe in Auburn and love it".

Angel

I love Auburn University, and I'm only a 2nd year. From the first moment I stepped foot on campus, I felt at home. Every single student, whether intentional or not, makes you feel welcomed. The fight song makes my heart race, and hearing the uniform War Eagle as our eagle soars around the stadium is probably one of the best times of my life. Despite our differences, everyone gets along, and because of that, I believe in Auburn, and love it.

Madison

I love Auburn! We are a huge family. No matter where you're from, how you look, what you're studying, etc., you are welcomed with opened arms from everyone. The only negative thing about auburn is the financial aid. The scholarships and grants are impossible to get and tuition is expensive.

Hailey

It is a great, friendly campus and as a female student I feel very safe there. It has been a big change moving from Tuscaloosa where the Alabama campus is so hectic and the people are usually quicker to be rude. So far my experience at Auburn has been a much happier experience.

Joshita

Auburn University is academically challenging, but not very diverse. It is huge on Greek life and can sometimes make you feel lonely if you are not into that kind of thing. It is quite a friendly campus but does not have much to offer outside of Greek life or football culture. I am sure there are events on campus that would be interesting to attend. However, these events do not get as much publicity or recognition as the fraternity/sorority life do. It can be hard at times to enjoy being at Auburn without getting involved that type of scene.

Ailey

When I think of Auburn, I think of family. No matter where you are, if you see an Auburn sweatshirt or an Auburn cap, you instinctively give a hearty "War Eagle!" To which they usually return the beloved cry. Once an Auburn Tiger, always an Auburn Tiger. To me, that's a beautiful thing, and I am happy to be a part of the Auburn family.

Sandra

The professors are mostly great in the Science and Math departments. Although college instructors still expect you to know the facts, they really care about how you analyze and interpret those facts and why you think those facts matter. Once you know what college instructors are looking for, you can succeed.

Carmen

Auburn University to me feels like a big family atmosphere. I didn't join the sororities when I first came here but now I will be joining. It seems to be a lot easier way of meeting new people especially if you are not from this area. I do have friends from my classes that we get together and study with, which helps with tests. We also all get together and watch the game and cook out. You are sure to find the right place to live here with so many affordable options. Most of my teachers I feel comfortable enough going to and asking for help.

Cate

This school is amazing. The community is great and supportive. It really is a family here and the academics are amazing. the teachers really care about the students and want them to succeed. I am so happy I decided to come here for my education. In my case particularly, I am only a freshman here and have taken one in major class and can already tell it is a well rounded and well-organized program who will prepare me well for my future in my field.

Best place to attend for academics and the college experience. There is a small town feel, so you can have the at home atmosphere and not feel homesick. There are resources available to help the student to graduate. The community is nice and everyone is there for your best.

Kiearra

Auburn University is such a high-spirited school, very encouraging. Students are always encouraging others to increase academically. The moment you step on Auburn campus, you feel extremely welcomed, you feel alive! This college has great academic advisors, faculty, and students. GO WAR EAGLE!

Amazing university with great professors and atmosphere. The professors are intelligent and have practice in the fields in which they teach. The atmosphere is calming and village like, very comforting being out of state. Overall and amazing university.

Hailey

Great campus and an amazing school I can not wait to attend Auburn University. I love the old times feel you get from the school with the architecture and buildings. I also like that this is a big university but also small enough to know everyone, it’s a real academic environment.

My friends go to Auburn University and I visit them a lot so I am on campus a lot! This campus is the most beautiful college campus ever. I have been to many campuses and nothing compares to Auburn. It is my dream to be able to attend Auburn University.

Miranda

Auburn University is hands down the greatest school in the state of Alabama, and possibly the greatest school in the whole country, though I might be a little biased. I've grown up loving the town of Auburn thanks to the awesome home town feel and festive football weekends. The campus is beautiful, the teachers care about you, and the education is unmatched. I have been pushed out of my comfort zone, made new friends, and made great connections. I love Auburn University! War Eagle!

Deidra

Auburn University is a great institution, the quality of education is great, the football game days are incredible, and the critical conversation series is life changing. I think Auburn University definitely has a lot to offer students and staff members alike. From education to extra curriculars Auburn is a great school to get an all around college experience.

McKinzey

I believe in Auburn and I love it. I think Auburn is one of the best places on earth. Everyone on campus is so loving and welcome to not only everyone but also their beliefs. I think anyone could find their place here at Auburn. It is a place that accepts you for who you are and challenges you to sow love to everyone you meet! War Eagle

Kalyn

I honestly like auburn but it is a toss up school. Its a fun college town and game days are great, but there is horrible parking. Some of the dorms don't have elevators its a lot of cultural things to get into based on your culture and race. Most other races don't engage in them.

Jakhya

I love Auburn so much and can’t wait to become a tiger !!!! I visited back in 2014, when I enrolled for the college’s Junior Veterinary Camp. It was life-changing and I would be thrilled to have an opportunity to attend school here. I know that Auburn can fulfill my dreams of becoming a successful Veterinarian.

Harun

Very friendly college. The teachers care about the students. There is a bunch of extracurricular activities to partake in. The environment is very safe for learning. I enjoy going to class because of how entertaining and caring the teachers are. There is also a community feel to the university. War Eagle.

Cory

I love Auburn University, it is a second home to me. If you come here I'm sure you will feel welcomed too. Walking down the concourse here gives you that I'm popular feeling. The people here are always smiling and greeting each other you will have no problem making friends. The options for food are endless there is always something for someone. Lastly, the education here is amazing it may get tough at times just buckle down and relax. You're suppose to enjoy your time here so make it a memorable experience.

Eden

What is my overall opinion of Auburn University? A better question would be what is my overall opinion of home. The Auburn Family is one of the biggest concepts of our university. The connections you make here can help you learn the greatest life lessons. No matter where we come from, where we'll end up, our genders, our political standings, our sexual orientations, our dreams and goals; we all bleed orange and blue. War Eagle!

Jonathan

Auburn University has been a great and uplifting experience for me and I urge anyone to come join the War Eagle family. Coming to Auburn was one of the best choices I have ever made. They make you feel welcomed here, and the classes help in more ways than one

karey

I love the spirit and school involvement in football; I love how teachers actually care about their students; I abhor how their financial aid functions and overall billing is issued; I hate that we have to pay for printing now and that we get charged for renting a study room if over a specific set time and the idea that we have to rent study rooms. I am displeased with the amount of sorority and frats on campus, the sororities and frat members are people that never stop talking about parties in class and they get to pass a hard class due to test banks just because they're in sororities or frats while the rest of the true students suffer.

Noel

I am a transfer student from Georgia and I can honestly say that going to this school was one of the best decisions of my life. The residents, the professors and the staff of this school are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet. Because no matter where you go in Auburn there always seems to be a someone there ready to lead a helping hand even if you need it. There is just a certain feeling that you get while being on the Auburn campus that is almost too unique to describe. The Experience that Auburn University offers is something that I would recommend everyone to experience at least once.

Presley

The family atmosphere at Auburn is amazing on campus, on gameday, and just in class each day! There are so many ways to get involved on campus; I am not greek and am very involved in a number of organizations! I couldn't imagine attending a better school.. war eagle!

Jared

Overall the culture here at Auburn is great. There’s plenty of activities and extracurricular to get involved in and our professors are great as well. It’s not an easy school to get an A in but we have plenty of study groups related to the majority of classes and majors here. Auburn is a fun college to attend and the atmosphere is top notch.

Bella

I think it's a great school. Coming out of state can be hard, but you definitely find your people. The academics can be challenging, but there is a huge payoff. There's a lot to do here, especially on the weekends. Everyone is very happy to be here.

Bailey

Auburn University is a wonderful place to be. I did not even have to tour the campus to know that this is where I belonged. The campus is gorgeous and the people are super friendly. As soon as I arrived in town, I felt welcomed. I felt like I was a part of the family. That’s what we are here at Auburn: a family. And we stand together as a family through thick and thin. When our beloved trees were poisoned, we prevailed. When the replacement trees were burned this past football season, we stood together and made it through. I am proud to be a part of the biggest family in all of college. I know that I can count on anyone here. If I were to approach any given person on campus, I know that they would do their best to help me with whatever it was that I needed. This, along with the beautiful aesthetic of the campus, is why we are called the “Loveliest Village on the Plains”. War Eagle.

jared

The campus is very beautiful, and located in a wonderful part of town. There are tons of challenging curriculum and I wish I had the time to get majors in a handful of fields. People are very friendly and usually very active in the community. Always sporting events to go to.