Flint, MI
Baker College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baker College

Marissa

Although learning is everything here, living on campus definitely has its perks. I have my group of friends and I have absolutely no regrets with the college I chose. We do not have sports but it is pretty easy to get a group of friends and going to the gym to play a game. We also relax and play video games.

Kamren

I believe it is a decent school to be at, especially now that they switched from quarters to semesters. The campus is safe, and professors are accessible. The food court is great, we have a selection of food to choose from which is pretty nice. Books are pretty expensive and so are the credit hours compared to other schools, but Baker is relatively a great school over all.

Courtney

Overall, Baker College is a great, small college. The class sizes are about 25 students. The occupational therapy program is wonderful!! The professors are there for their students and they push them to be exceptional therapists. Staff are all very friendly, however, at times there is lack of communication in the financial aid office and student services office. It requires the student to be persistent at times.

Latoya

I like the campus and the same class sizes. I would say I wish we had more electrical engineering professors instead of just the one or two that we have. But I feel like I am really learning a lot at this school and it is more affordable here.

Alexandria

This school is perfect for students who know what they want for the future, are willing to work hard without distractions, and are prepared to do whatever is necessary to become the best in their field.

Looking back I think the most important thing is to study. College education is much different than what I experienced in high school. In high school you had teachers who gave out assignments and readings everyday; esentially spoon-feeding students what they needed to know. In college, you might go over the information in class and never have an assignment. Whether or not you learn from that lecture is up to you and you alone. I would tell myself to spend more time studying on my own and learning a way of studying that worked for me.

I think the best thing about this school is the focus on generating a career from the education. Rather than teaching information that doesn't apply to a chosen career, they only focus on what is necessary to do well at a job. Other than classes they also expect attendance, proper dress, and focus; all valuable traits employers are looking for.

Cody

Before I came to this school, I didn't take college seriously. I wish I had known that I need to focus on me and what's best for my future.

I haven't started yet, so I really don't have anything negative to say. Everything seems positive at this point.

Sometimes the world is a difficult place to live in. As a teenager, you will be surrounded with numerous temptations and distractions. Don't live your life for other people - not other teens around you, your teachers, your parents, etc... Live your life for you. Think about what's best for you. Force yourself to dream - plan for your future and take the appropriate steps to get there.

Othalla

Instead of jumping into marraige without education I would include my education as part of my married life. I would choose to go to college while raising my children so that they would realize the importance of a collage education. Giving them that inspiration to attend and complete a college education in todays economy is very important. A college education is a very dedicated thing. To work hard in college means to acheive the first part of ones goals. Back then I thought college after marriage responsilities. Today I think back and I could have done both. My Children are now becoming college oriented and I am very proud of them. The biggiest advice I would give myself if I was coming out of High School is to stick with a thought of immediate education for todays work world you never know when you are needed in a marriage or other home situation to work and contribuite to the family

It's the only one in the Flint area that offers Interior Design

The college is very educational with the best staff. They have great placement ability and many students . I think that Baker College goes out of their way to help you complete your courses and graduate. They have a way of working with you with your finances. I wouldn't trade my education for the world.

London

Only somebody who knows exactly what they want to do should attend this school. Due to the expensities and the immediate training you receieve in your program, it would only make sense to know what you wanted to do before attending. Baker College is recognized as a career college for people who want real training and guidance for a full-time career.

Although i have only been with Baker College for one semester, it has made a world of a difference in my learning experience. Comparing to my prior experience at Central Michigan University, I have made a 180 degree turn-around. This does not mean Central Michigan was a bad school, but that it was not convenient for me at the time. I did not know what I wanted to do and I felt very alone at such a big school. I feel that being at a smaller school is much easier and more comfortable because help is not hard to find. The employees are incredibly helpful and almost scary happy about it. I believe Baker College offers programs and guidance that not many colleges can.

I tell them I know I will obtain a job with the help of Baker. Talking to people who have graduated from the program I am enrolled in are very thankful for Baker's services. In many universities, they don't give you the tools and attention that Baker gives each of their students. We tend to focus on the realistic expectancies during on-the-job training. Unlike many universities, they will not just hand us a paper and kick us to the curb.

Melissa

My school is best known for being a completely online school. This is great for students who are working full-time, have families or any combination thereof. For me, online allows me to still be involved in all my son's activities while still pursuing my degree and working full-time.

I was hired into my company when I was twenty and was confident I would retire here. Because of this sense of stability, I didn't feel the rush to go to school. After almost ten years, I was given my displacement papers and walked out the door. I never felt so helpless in my entire life. My husband was also having employment difficulties and I was the sole provider to myself, my husband, and my 11-year old son. I was faced with the harsh reality that I would not be able to obtain another job that could provide for my family without a college degree. I was not able to do anything about it because I did not have the money. This added to my sense of worthlessness and depression. I was re-hired after three months and am now back to work; however, I don’t believe I will have that sense of security again. I re-enrolled in school and am determined to never feel useless to my family again. Feeling useful to my family and in the fact that I am providing for our future is what I am receiving out of my college experience.

So far, I have had a great experience. I would say the most frustruating thing about being enrolled in Baker College Online would be the fact that I can't buy books at the local campuses. Being able to buy at local campuses would allow me to buy used books instead of being forced to pay a lot more for new books.

Anne

I have received much more out of my college experience than I ever imagined. I have only been attending Baker College for a short time, but I have learned life-long, valuable skills. I have learned that it takes a great deal of commitment and planning to reach goals and flexibility to attain them. I have learned to make my education a priority and to balance my studies with my family and even to take time for myself. The instructors I have encountered thus far have taught me to push myself, to think outside of normal resources and to not take second-best as an option. It took me 25 years to make the decision to return to school to pursue my educational goals. I did a good deal of research on colleges and, I believe, I made the best choice for myself. I also feel I am setting a superior example for my children with my new-found discipline and pride. There are also those, younger than I, which had thought it too late to return to college. I hope I have proved them wrong.

At first, the type of person that I thought should not attend this college would be someone like me. I am over 40, I am married, have for children and a grandchild. I never thought I would be able to make time in my busy life to further my education. I have learned skills at Baker College in time management, priorities and goal setting. I have become more disciplined and diligent in my studies than I ever thought possible.

The only frustration I have faced with Baker College would be at my time of registration for Summer Classes. There was some miscommunication with myself and the Registration Department. It was more on my part than theirs! This conflict caused more of a gap in classes than I had anticipated. Overall, I have had a very pleasant experience with Baker College and would recommend their programs to family and friends.

Baker College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.