Flint, MI
Baker College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Baker College

Cody

Sometimes the world is a difficult place to live in. As a teenager, you will be surrounded with numerous temptations and distractions. Don't live your life for other people - not other teens around you, your teachers, your parents, etc... Live your life for you. Think about what's best for you. Force yourself to dream - plan for your future and take the appropriate steps to get there.

Before I came to this school, I didn't take college seriously. I wish I had known that I need to focus on me and what's best for my future.

I haven't started yet, so I really don't have anything negative to say. Everything seems positive at this point.

Othalla

Instead of jumping into marraige without education I would include my education as part of my married life. I would choose to go to college while raising my children so that they would realize the importance of a collage education. Giving them that inspiration to attend and complete a college education in todays economy is very important. A college education is a very dedicated thing. To work hard in college means to acheive the first part of ones goals. Back then I thought college after marriage responsilities. Today I think back and I could have done both. My Children are now becoming college oriented and I am very proud of them. The biggiest advice I would give myself if I was coming out of High School is to stick with a thought of immediate education for todays work world you never know when you are needed in a marriage or other home situation to work and contribuite to the family

It's the only one in the Flint area that offers Interior Design

The college is very educational with the best staff. They have great placement ability and many students . I think that Baker College goes out of their way to help you complete your courses and graduate. They have a way of working with you with your finances. I wouldn't trade my education for the world.

London

Although i have only been with Baker College for one semester, it has made a world of a difference in my learning experience. Comparing to my prior experience at Central Michigan University, I have made a 180 degree turn-around. This does not mean Central Michigan was a bad school, but that it was not convenient for me at the time. I did not know what I wanted to do and I felt very alone at such a big school. I feel that being at a smaller school is much easier and more comfortable because help is not hard to find. The employees are incredibly helpful and almost scary happy about it. I believe Baker College offers programs and guidance that not many colleges can.

Only somebody who knows exactly what they want to do should attend this school. Due to the expensities and the immediate training you receieve in your program, it would only make sense to know what you wanted to do before attending. Baker College is recognized as a career college for people who want real training and guidance for a full-time career.

I tell them I know I will obtain a job with the help of Baker. Talking to people who have graduated from the program I am enrolled in are very thankful for Baker's services. In many universities, they don't give you the tools and attention that Baker gives each of their students. We tend to focus on the realistic expectancies during on-the-job training. Unlike many universities, they will not just hand us a paper and kick us to the curb.

Melissa

My school is best known for being a completely online school. This is great for students who are working full-time, have families or any combination thereof. For me, online allows me to still be involved in all my son's activities while still pursuing my degree and working full-time.

I was hired into my company when I was twenty and was confident I would retire here. Because of this sense of stability, I didn't feel the rush to go to school. After almost ten years, I was given my displacement papers and walked out the door. I never felt so helpless in my entire life. My husband was also having employment difficulties and I was the sole provider to myself, my husband, and my 11-year old son. I was faced with the harsh reality that I would not be able to obtain another job that could provide for my family without a college degree. I was not able to do anything about it because I did not have the money. This added to my sense of worthlessness and depression. I was re-hired after three months and am now back to work; however, I don’t believe I will have that sense of security again. I re-enrolled in school and am determined to never feel useless to my family again. Feeling useful to my family and in the fact that I am providing for our future is what I am receiving out of my college experience.

So far, I have had a great experience. I would say the most frustruating thing about being enrolled in Baker College Online would be the fact that I can't buy books at the local campuses. Being able to buy at local campuses would allow me to buy used books instead of being forced to pay a lot more for new books.

Anne

I have received much more out of my college experience than I ever imagined. I have only been attending Baker College for a short time, but I have learned life-long, valuable skills. I have learned that it takes a great deal of commitment and planning to reach goals and flexibility to attain them. I have learned to make my education a priority and to balance my studies with my family and even to take time for myself. The instructors I have encountered thus far have taught me to push myself, to think outside of normal resources and to not take second-best as an option. It took me 25 years to make the decision to return to school to pursue my educational goals. I did a good deal of research on colleges and, I believe, I made the best choice for myself. I also feel I am setting a superior example for my children with my new-found discipline and pride. There are also those, younger than I, which had thought it too late to return to college. I hope I have proved them wrong.

At first, the type of person that I thought should not attend this college would be someone like me. I am over 40, I am married, have for children and a grandchild. I never thought I would be able to make time in my busy life to further my education. I have learned skills at Baker College in time management, priorities and goal setting. I have become more disciplined and diligent in my studies than I ever thought possible.

The only frustration I have faced with Baker College would be at my time of registration for Summer Classes. There was some miscommunication with myself and the Registration Department. It was more on my part than theirs! This conflict caused more of a gap in classes than I had anticipated. Overall, I have had a very pleasant experience with Baker College and would recommend their programs to family and friends.

Princess

My school is best known for its Online Degree Component which specializes in various areas, such as Computer Science, Accounting, Mathematics, and Graduate programs of study as well. It is a college that is ready and willing to help any and everyone achieve the goal in which they are seeking, to graduate from college.

I have gotten the sensibility that I can achieve anything from Baker College, due in part that I work a full-time job, attend school full-time, and take care of my household which includes a 10-year old and a one-year old. It has taught me to be more discipline in my studies and not to relu on the teacher to check on me all the time, something in which you will see in grade school. The value that Baker College has instilled in me is that I can do my work at any given time and submit it as long as it is in by 11:59pm, my time zone. By attending a college based soley online gives me the opportunity to do work practically anywhere in the world and that is why I enjoy this school so much.

Any person who is seeking a certificate or degree in a program should attend this school, because it is so hands-on and you get a feel for what you are doing before you actually excel into the work place.

Angie

Baker College has several campuses and a complete online college. I consider this unique and accomodating for individuals who are working full time, but want to fulfill the lifelong dream of a college education. Baker College is also very affordable. I have reviewed numerous schools, and this has been the best thus far. It has a great transfer program and the staff is extremely helpful. The courses are six weeks long, and are based on a quarterly schedule. I am enrolled in the Online College, which is perfect for a full time working mother of three.

If I could go back in time and visit myself during my Senior year, I would stress the importance of continuing education. Back in the 1990's, an Associate's Degree was enough to land a good job.However today, most employers want a Bachelor's Degree if not a Master's. I would instruct myself to stay enrolled in College until I reached the Bachelor level and stay home with my parents to help ease the strain. As an adult, 18 years later, with three kids trying to return to college while working full time is not a desireable path. It is hard work and very stressful. I would be sure to point out these facts to "my senior self". I would emphasize the need to be diligent and focused on my work, and to know that four years of life at the ripe age of 18-22 is not even the beginning of life as we know it. The four years will be minimal compared to the rest of one's life after college and acquiring a wonderful and meaningful career. Bottom line, stay in College until the Bachelor Degree is completed, at the very least.

I have recently enrolled in College, therefore I do not have any "worst" items to compare. One thing I noticed, not only with Baker College, but with many others, is the escalating fees (Labs, Technology, etc.). Tuition and books are expensive enough, without the added costs that will be charged to the students enrolled regardless of their major. In addition, I feel it pointless to make students enroll in classes that do not pertain to their future career. For instance, I am an Accountant, but I have had to take Humanities and Science, which has nothing to do with Accounting.

Melissa

Baker modifies the programs it has to meet what employers want in the real world. They are always training you for after you get out of school. Also Baker has quarters instead of semesters so many more classes can be completed in a year than if there were semesters. Finally Baker College employees are always very professional and polite and seem very concerned about each individual person. Employees are willing to spend as much one-on-one time with you as you want.

Never be afraid to step outside your comfort area. Always go above and beyond to get to know someone. Don't be afraid to get to know your teachers or the students sitting around you. Then if you ever get into trouble or are having difficulty with something in the class there will be someone there that can help you. Also don't procrastinate and get your work done early because there is nothing worse than staying up late to complete an assignment you have no idea how to do. In college it pays off to be the over-achiever and it may mean doing a little extra work but the reward of less stress and good grades pays off largely at the end of the day. College can be difficult or it can be easy if you just keep trying your best, it is your choice.

A student that does not attend class frequently or who likes long semesters should not attend Baker. Semesters here are ten weeks long which could be difficult for someone unprepared to take on a chapter a week in each class.

Corrine

If i could tell my high school self what to prepare for for college i would say "Work as hard as you can now and start become more professional in my apperience and attitude. As long as you study, work hard, pay attention in class and be responsible and professional college will be a great roller coaster experience that will lead me to success in the end.

A person that is not motivated, hard working or interested in learning should not attend this college.

While talking to my friends about Baker College i tend to tell them how much I enjoy the friendly environment and the one on one contact with the teacher. At Baker they do whatever possible to help you get the best education possible and get you into a career you will love.

Heather

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stay focused. I had a bad case of senioritis my senior year and did not stay on top of my school work or any kind of work for that matter. My G.P.A could have been a lot higher if I stayed focus during senior year, and could have recieved more scholarships with a higher grade point average. I could have seen myself doing better and getting better grades, but it was senior year. All that I really cared about was hanging out with friends, going to football and basketball games, and just getting the year over with so I could be free. Boy was I wrong. I am not free and that is what i would go back and tell myself. College does not mean freedom. I would go back and tell myself that. It is harder than high school, and more expensive than high school. So stay focused, save money, and enjoy everyday you have left in high school.

Before I attended Baker College, I wish I would have known that college does not mean freedom. Seniors think that after graduating high school, that they are free to do whatever they please. This is not true. When going to college, it means more study time, less hanging out with friends, and more money spent. College students deal with financial aid, grants, loans, and if they are lucky, scholarships. Seniors want to try to get as many scholarships as they can before they start attending college. That was my mistake was not trying to get more scholarships.

The most frustrating thing about my school, just like any other school, is probably money. Money is the hardest thing to deal with along with school work. I do have a job, but thats not enough to cover my loans and tuition. It is hard enough dealing with school and work put together, but it is even harder struggling with money. I am paying for my own tuition and books. I have no help from parents or friends. Im not in too much debt yet, but I still have many years to go.

Baker College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.