Barry University

« See more reviews of Barry University

Make sure to visit the college campus with your parents and sons/ daughters. Make sure to like what you see, and visit an advisor for the field you are considering to study. It is important to gather as much information from the college as possible, this is required to make a wise choice in picking the school that is right for you. It is also a good idea to visit the orientation programs so you are able to meet other student and possibly even make friends. I followed all these steps and I completely satisfied with my experience at my university.

I WOULD TELL THEM THAT THEY NEED TO KNOW WHAT ENVIRONMENT THE STUDENT WOULD LIKE TO BE IN WHETHER ITS A PARTY SCHOOL OR A RELIGIOUS SCHOOL. THEY ALSO NEED TO LOOK INTO ANY CLUBS OR OTHER EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES IF THAT IS IMPORTANT TO THEM AS WELL. IF ANYTHING, I WOULD TELL THEM TO DO THEIR HOMEWORK ON THE SCHOOL THAT WOULD BEST FIT THE STUDENT IN REGARDS TO THEIR EDUCATION, LOCATION, SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT, AND FOR THE STUDENTS ABILITY TO DO WELL OVERALL IN THE NEW ENVIRONMENT THAT WILL BE THEIRS FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS.

The one thing I would stress is time, and taking advantage of all the work, extra credit and anything that will allow you to increase your GPA. another key entity i would stress is being knowledgeable and having a plan for what school you want to go to, the major you want to pursue, and creating a financial plan with your parents to pay for school. The last thing a student wants added to them in college is stress over finances. College should be an expirence that is trully taken in, rather than stressed about.

I have learned how to be responsible in life and also teaches me how to be a leader instead of a follower. I used to be a procrastinator when i was in the military, but i saw everything in a different perpective when i started college. One's can't be procrastinated in college otherwise you will never pass certain classes. Nowdays even those with a higher level of education can't get a job, so me being in college is valuable for me in every sense of the word, and i expect to get a job out there when i graduate.

The road to success will not be easy. There will be many obstacles alone the way that will push to the egde, but don't fall, off stand strong, and fight to the end. Remember hard work pays off. If everything was giving to you on a silver plater what sense of self pride would you gain from it if i you didnt work hard for it? no at all......... So be thankful for the tough teachers, the loads of work, and exams back to back it is only preparing you for the career of your choice.

I would advice those parents and students that finding the right college is not an easy task, but once they find the right college, it is the most amazing experience anyone can ask for; the ability to learn whatever one chooses, and meeting friends along the way is one of the greatest experiences because you dont feel like your going through life alone. Networking is also very important to do while in college because it helps after college is one stays connected!

The most important thing in selecting the right college, is making sure that the college you decide on will nourish both your studious side and your social side. It is equally important to feel part of a group of friends and to feel at home in your living quarters as it is to thrive in your classes and get good grades. A comfortable student is a happy student, and happy students do better in school when they are not stressed out by other things in their lives.

I would tell myself to work harder in my schoolwork for scholorship opportunities, take my SAT much more seriously, and take ACT as an additonal resource. At the moment I am strugling with paying for my books, so I'd tell me to reconsider going to a Private University. If I had not gone to a private college I would probably have enough for my books. Being that I have to take the bus for two hours straight, I would also suggest that I go to a college near by.

You can never be too prepared for school. Life is full of surprises and different paths that you can take. One decision can affect you for the rest of your life, so make the best decision to your ability. School is not cheap, and financial aid is not available when you need it. Never give up, and know that everything happens for a reason. Education is important, and let no one tell you different. If you want to accomplish a goal, don?t ever hold back!

I would say look around first, it is very important that you like the school and feel comfortable. Do not rush into things look really good at prices and make sure they don't change your prices outu of nowhere. If you are getting finacial aid make sure you understand until when you have that finacial aid (for a semester or the whole time while your in school). And of course be enthusiatic about school I'll be the best time of your life "learning".