Barry University

« See more reviews of Barry University

I wish I would have known my skill level requirements so I could have aimed higher to meet the mark of qualifying for thre English nonremedial course. In high school I took AP English Language and AP English Literature and did exceptionally well in both. Not to mention, I also won the Senior English Award and was told my writing is beautiful. Now I come to college they tell me I do not write at the college level. Now I am wasting time and money taking a remedial English course that is noncreditted towards my degree track.

I was not sure whether or not I wanted to go to college. While many of my classmates chose to go to school after graduation that following summer, I chose to find full time work instead. After taking a two year break from school, I enrolled into a community college with the intention of transfering to a 4 year school. When I came to MassArt, I finally realized that education is a path you must find for yourself, that there are many people in the world that divert and choose not to follow the traditional path.

I wish I would have know that the school no longer had journalism as a major. Even though I am now a communications major, which I am happy and content with, my original passion and major was journalism. I had heard many great things about their journalism program before I applied to the school. When I then tried to switch journalism to be my minor I was told it was no longer offered as a major or minor and it really saddened me.

I wish I knew how culturally diverse this University is. I feel ignorant to other students' backgrounds sometimes but try my hardest to learn. I also wish I knew about the additional extra curricular activites Barry has that most schools dont like the Opulent Image Modeling Agency.

I wish I would have known the lack of respect and caring that the staff has for students. And the lack of communication between departments at this University. It seems as if the staff doesn't know how to use a phone or email.

I wish I would have know if I could afford it or not. This is a great campus and I relly like the new people I meet everyday. But, I am in a stump because the school year is almost over and I still owe over $1,000.

I wish I had know that Florida Public transportation is really bad. And, that tuition increases every year by about $1000.00! For the most part I enjoyed attending Barry University.

I am transfering to Barry University this Spring. For now I just wish I knew where to get more scholarship money either from school or from outside sources.

I don't wish to no anything more than I already know. This is a great college that I would suggest to any and everybody who wants to be successful in life.

Prior to attending this school, I wish I knew that it was going to be so costly and hard to get financial help to pay for my education at Barry.