Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

Baylor offers very unique qualities to its' students. For example, Baylor University has two live bears on campus to represent the mascot; the Baylor Bears. Their names are Lady and Joy and the students can walk to their habitat at any time and interact with them. Beyond the bears however, Baylor provides the students with a wide range of degree choices with muliple sources to ensure the success of the studens. The Baylor family is a tight-knit, diverse and exciting community. It is very easy for a student to find their place here in the Baylor Line.

Baylor requires all of its studetns to attend two semesters of Chapel and gain at least six hours of relgion classes. The fact the the school cares so in depth about the spiritual aspect of a student is amazin. Most other schools are worried about enrolling the best students and having the best sports teams, but not Baylor (unfortunently our football team is an example of that). Baylor's main emphesis is on serving God. Being intelectual and learning is a part of that, but unlike other schools, Baylor approches that through a spiritual angle.

Because Baylor is a Christian university, one would expect to see a reflection of that in some way. I must say, however, I was extremely impressed and excited to see just how strong the presence of the Christian faith is among the student and faculty throughout the campus. This aspect of a loving and warm environment where everyone is willing to help each other and share their faith is something very few schools can say they have. Also, because of this environment, the faculty is very willing to work with students and help them succeed.

Overall I would say that where every you may go enjoy the college life, it is suppose to be best years of your life. I have enjoyed my three years here at Baylor and look forward to another year. My experience has not been a bad one at all. I would not change a thing that I have done at Baylor. I do not second guess if I picked the right college. I beleive that I attended the right college for me. Of course not every college is the right one for some people. But I believe that Baylor offers (try to) the best college experience possible.

It is a baptist school with a major focus on religion. Every student attending Baylor University is required to take two semesters of Chapel and two semesters of a religion course. Some see this as a disadvatage to Baylor, but i think this is a gift to the student, especially those that aren't Christian or don't know much about Christianity. I took Christian scriptures last semester and learned a great deal, and am now very interested in it as well and have considered following through on that and minoring in religion.

This school is expensive, that's for sure. But the small environment with the big school options make this a great place to go to college if you can afford it/get scholarships for it. There are a few people who had their lives paid for them and have no idea how to take care of themselves, which is kinda sad/kinda funny. But most folks are pretty level-headed, and I think you'd get that anywhere you go to some degree. I have been pretty happy here. Look at your options, look at the campus, and good luck.

Baylor University offers a smaller, and tigh-knit community in comparison to the other choices I had. The religious aspect of Baylor being Baptist offers spiritual help or guidance as well. Baylor University remains prestine at all times due to the environment that is surrounded. It is not what you call a party school in comparison to various other schools around the nation. My school's tuition is very costly, therefore many students take their studies and education very seriously at Baylor University.

My objective was to find a school with a good business program and an NCAA equestrian team. I applied to 10 schools and was accepted to all of them but could only secure a spot on the equestrian team with 3 of those schools. One of them, Baylor, has a great business school ands they offered me a small academic scholarship which helped me in my decision as Baylor was the most expensive school of the 3 finalists. Now that have one year under my belt, I have to admit that I love being at Baylor.

Baylor University is like a small town. It is an amazing school because everyone is friends with everyone else and I feel like we are a tight-knit community. The people, the classes, and the professors are all much more close and personal than at other institutions. Another unique aspect of Baylor is its history. As the oldest college in the state, founded by the Republic of Texas, there is so much rich history and tradition alive and well in Baylor today that, as a student, I am so proud of!

The people and the environment at Baylor is just friendly and warm. I only visited once and it only took that one visit, to make me fall in love with the campus. The people are sweet and want you to succeed. I met my two closet friends during "Welcome Week" at Baylor; we have been inseparable ever since. I feel like Baylor is a place where you go to meet people who will be in your life for a long time and want to see you succeed. Baylor cares so much about its students and there well-being.